Second 750iL proves same as first one
By ST on
2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan
My 2nd 750 has been the same as the 1st in terms of performance & problems. My 1st, a '99 bought @ 51Kmi & totaled @ 105Kmi, not a horrible crash by any stretch, major damage under the car was the problem. Current vehicle bought @ 41Kmi now @ 53Kmi. Nothing but batteries so far but the oil service light just came on so I am prepared for at least a grand for the soon to be scheduled service by BMW (Break My Wallet). Will probably do the plugs (12). If you can't afford a few grand/yr. in service, this is not the car for you. Sway links & thrust rod bushings will be covered. Extended warranty for 48Kmi/48 mos. cost $4,100 & if you own these cars, you had best get a top of the line warranty.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, quiet, torque, safety, loads of features, drives like a car weighing less than it actually does. Timeless styling, lots of room, very comfortable, practically drives itself, the comfort start feature is probably my favorite little perk, its just like having a start button.
Suggested Improvements
Highly recommend the aftermarket BSW (Bavarian Sound Werks) upgrade for the stereo. Get the sub and the component speaker upgrade, the factory stereo is not that good. Audiophiles will get this and be much happier.