2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: Say Hello to Deferred Maintena

2000 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

Say Hello to Deferred Maintenance!
By Bobby M on

2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car almost three years ago. My first Bimmer will likely be my last. As much as I love driving the car, it is waaaaay too costly to fix. The plastic (!!) tank on the radiator split 5 days after I purchased the car. I've had to replace the water pump, thermostat, and power steering pump. Right now I could drop $8k on the car just to fix the many problems that I live with, including: - ABS computer dead (no traction control), - Thrust bearings in front suspension, - Tranny needs to be replaced (but car still drives, - engine failsafe program kicks in about once a month). Now my car won't pass a smog check because the check engine light STAYS ON.

When the car acts right, I love the power and smoothness of the ride. LA to Vegas in exactly 3 hours, cruising easy all the way. What a great drive! Car takes twisty mountain roads with ease, I've never felt like I'm at the limit.