2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: My 2000 740il

2000 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Review

740iL Sedan (4.4L V8 5-speed Automatic)

My 2000 740il
By Michael Lucero on

2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I purposely bought this year because I loved the exterior styling. I did not like the newer ones and I bought in 2007. This is a large car and has the best back seats and legroom EVER. I have fit 5 back there, yes illegally during a Vegas run and had no complaints. They actually had enough room to sit on the floor!! Bought my car with 70,000 miles on it for $18,000.00 plus $2,600.00 for an extended warranty that last 2 years or 100,000 mile, whichever came first. First, thank god I did get the warranty. Second, thank god this was a great warranty and company to purchase from. Here is a list of what was done before the car hit 100,000 miles. All handled without question, although an inspector

usually had to come out and approve first. In one month, 3 window regulators went out at a cost of $750.00 each to replace by BMW. A clunking front end that was misdiagnosed by Goodyear and a foreign auto tech place, cover by the warranty but finally repaired correctly by the dealer.

suspension repairs, $3500.00. In the next year that followed an additional $5000.00 in repairs done by the dealer. I have been on my own for a year now and was smart to spend $125.00 for a repair manual, I do my own work now, and I do love this car..but will not be taking it to the dealer too $$$$