My 2000 740il
By Michael Lucero on
2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan
I purposely bought this year because I loved the exterior styling. I did not like the newer ones and I bought in 2007. This is a large car and has the best back seats and legroom EVER. I have fit 5 back there, yes illegally during a Vegas run and had no complaints. They actually had enough room to sit on the floor!! Bought my car with 70,000 miles on it for $18,000.00 plus $2,600.00 for an extended warranty that last 2 years or 100,000 mile, whichever came first. First, thank god I did get the warranty. Second, thank god this was a great warranty and company to purchase from. Here is a list of what was done before the car hit 100,000 miles. All handled without question, although an inspector
Favorite Features
usually had to come out and approve first. In one month, 3 window regulators went out at a cost of $750.00 each to replace by BMW. A clunking front end that was misdiagnosed by Goodyear and a foreign auto tech place, cover by the warranty but finally repaired correctly by the dealer.
Suggested Improvements
suspension repairs, $3500.00. In the next year that followed an additional $5000.00 in repairs done by the dealer. I have been on my own for a year now and was smart to spend $125.00 for a repair manual, I do my own work now, and I do love this car..but will not be taking it to the dealer too $$$$