Used 2000 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

My ultimate driving machine
By Stan

2000 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about a year ago and have really enjoyed every mile. I did have to replace the alternator, but other than that have had no major problems. The previous owner had problems mostly minor around 100,000. Everything is lovely now and now I just enjoy the ride.

Performance, ride, backseat room, eye catching, sunshades, leather, heated steering wheel and seats, trunkroom .

750iL - Simply the Best
By Chuck Weeks

2000 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

Just bought a used 750iL BMW in pristine shape, although it already had 77,000 miles, the owner loved this car to death. The power of the V12, 5.4 liter engine is staggering. I own a 2003 Jaguar Vanden Plas, and it doesn't even compare to the 750iL, which has more playtoys, better feel, better acceleration with the steptronic. Going 80 mph in the BMW seems like you are barely moving, and I think it really gets 25 miles to the gallon on the freeway, not 20 as advertised, not to mention you can go 500 miles on one tank of gas on the highway, thanks to the 25 gallon tank. Hands down, I love my 750il BMW, and it is simply the best.

V12 Engine, gadgets, leather seats are best in market, 6 disc CD (amazing sound system), navigation system, heated seats, one touch windows, ice cold air conditioning

Better mileage off highway, but so what. If you can afford the car, you can afford the mileage.

Ultimate Texas Driving Machine - update
By raiderwes

2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I've now had the car for 30K miles and nearly 3 years. I still love it. I bought the car as a certified used unit & during the BMW extended warranty, I've had a new radiator and water pump as well as two oil leaks. Each time the dealer has promptly repaired the car for a $50 co-pay. New brake pads were my cost ($$$). I replaced the OEM Contintal Contitracs with Kumho Ecsta's and am very pleased with the improved mileage & I can't tell any significant difference in handling, but the car is much quieter. I hope to drive this car another 60K miles. The extended warranty expires within a month or so and I may hedge my bets by buying another warranty, based on my experience with the 1993 740

The ride and handling, as well as the power and style.

Ditch the Continental tires asap. Noisy and poor wear. Center console storage is not very useful.

2000 740IL Cosmos Black on Black
By Dave Hilton

2000 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

This is a Classic Luxury Sports Car. I had always wanted one. But make no mistake, this is an extremely expensive car to fix/repair. A $78K auto of this level of sophistication is very touchy. So be prepared.

Engine, Performance, Ride and Handling. For a large, heavy auto, this is impressive. Everyone that rides in it ends up with the "Wow" factor increasing.

We already know about the cup-holders. Car is notorious for wind noise around moon roof. Raditor will definitely crack, it is only a matter of time. Car is very high tech & it will send you to the dealer often. Don't buy this car without some type of warranty. Despite this I love it. Go Figure!

Exceeded Expectations
By bmw_bill

2000 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I always loved the E38 Seven Series. When the Sport Package came out I was even more impressed. I never thought I would own one. A deal came up this past winter and now my dream is reality. The car is awesome. Performance is stellar, the ownership experience is beyond expectation. What's amazing is that while the car is five years old, it demands the respect of a brand new premium car. I intend on keeping it for a very long time or until BMW gives me a compelling reason to upgrade and the new Seven, even with the improvements to the new design, won't do the trick. I'll keep my "used" car.

M Styling and Sport Package options. Three spoke sport steering wheel and seats make the package not to mention the wheels. Just put a Sport Package next to a non sport and you will immmediately see the difference.

None for this vehicle. BMW made their intent known when they created their new Seven. When they stick the shifter back where it belongs and get with the design then I'll look at new ones.