2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Exceeded Expectations
By bmw_bill on 05/07/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

I always loved the E38 Seven Series. When the Sport Package came out I was even more impressed. I never thought I would own one. A deal came up this past winter and now my dream is reality. The car is awesome. Performance is stellar, the ownership experience is beyond expectation. What's amazing is that while the car is five years old, it demands the respect of a brand new premium car. I intend on keeping it for a very long time or until BMW gives me a compelling reason to upgrade and the new Seven, even with the improvements to the new design, won't do the trick. I'll keep my "used" car.

2000 740i Sport
By Blue Chip on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

The car is new to me - but has exceeded my expectations in every way, peroformance, ride, and handling are outstanding. The Sport Pkg stiffens the ride and the seats are fairly restraining - much more so than the non sport pkg - but that's why I bought it. Classic lines and enough room for 5 people. Nice exaust note as well. I shopped the Audi A8, Mercedes E500, Lexus, and Infinity - each time, I came up with more value and more car for the money with the BMW. Would only buy this car though with the Sport Package (Steptronic). Much more fun to drive!

Luxury Rocket
By Gonzo12 on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

One awesome car. Excellent sporty German ride quality. Powerful V8 engine. Feels incredibly solid.

The Ultimate Texas Driving Machine
By raiderwes on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This is an awesome road car. I've driven it about 5,000 miles on 6 trips in 4 months and am very pleased. This was a BMW certified unit. So far, no problems, but the Service Engine Soon light comes on intermittently; service center says it is likely something on the emissions systems.

740i - Performance with Elegance
By rq on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

As a prior owner of Infiniti and Lexus, this car is definitely not Japanese. Like Q45 it's performance oriented and does it in a style. Like Lexus it's luxurious yet rugged. Even though it's interior is not as a sophisticated as a Jaguar, it's still very uptown. It's the Drivers Car. On a twisting road it lets you know it's a BMW.

Fun driving big sedan
By fmnoutcast on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW and so far in over a year it's been fairly reliable - the only problem was a battery that failed about 2 months ago. I expected a competent sedan - but realize every day that this is a performance sedan first, that also happens to be quite luxurious. I can't imagine having more fun driving four of my full sized friends in exceptional comfort...

740i SPORT Has it ALL
By jason_740iSport on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

After careful, detailed research for a high performance car that is safe and big enough for my family and 3 additional adult passengers - I decided on the 740i SPORT. The SPORT is the key to add the performance and fun to a great automobile. This car is better than I had hoped it would be. Extremely fun to drive (auto or manual), handles great, and extremely comfortable for long trips.

Luxury Luxury Luxury
By Shorty on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely fun to drive. It handles extremely well. We had looked at the Lexus and Mercedes. The Lexus was more of a softer ride and the Mercedes was in the same ball park with the Beemer, but the cost was extremely more. Even if the Mercedes was priced around the same, we would have still went with the Beemer.