2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Second 750iL proves same as first one
By ST on 09/14/09 14:32 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

My 2nd 750 has been the same as the 1st in terms of performance & problems. My 1st, a '99 bought @ 51Kmi & totaled @ 105Kmi, not a horrible crash by any stretch, major damage under the car was the problem. Current vehicle bought @ 41Kmi now @ 53Kmi. Nothing but batteries so far but the oil service light just came on so I am prepared for at least a grand for the soon to be scheduled service by BMW (Break My Wallet). Will probably do the plugs (12). If you can't afford a few grand/yr. in service, this is not the car for you. Sway links & thrust rod bushings will be covered. Extended warranty for 48Kmi/48 mos. cost $4,100 & if you own these cars, you had best get a top of the line warranty.

750iL - Simply the Best
By Chuck Weeks on 08/28/06 17:20 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

Just bought a used 750iL BMW in pristine shape, although it already had 77,000 miles, the owner loved this car to death. The power of the V12, 5.4 liter engine is staggering. I own a 2003 Jaguar Vanden Plas, and it doesn't even compare to the 750iL, which has more playtoys, better feel, better acceleration with the steptronic. Going 80 mph in the BMW seems like you are barely moving, and I think it really gets 25 miles to the gallon on the freeway, not 20 as advertised, not to mention you can go 500 miles on one tank of gas on the highway, thanks to the 25 gallon tank. Hands down, I love my 750il BMW, and it is simply the best.

2000 740IL Cosmos Black on Black
By Dave Hilton on 06/17/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

This is a Classic Luxury Sports Car. I had always wanted one. But make no mistake, this is an extremely expensive car to fix/repair. A $78K auto of this level of sophistication is very touchy. So be prepared.

BMW 750il
By 750il on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

I have just recently purchased a 750il. The performce and handling of the car is impecable. The car has ample amount of room for the passengers as well as trunk space. The only downfall of the car is its gas milage. I have been averaging 12-13 mpg. I am certanly going to to buy the new 760li when it arrives.