2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
my black7
By sistajay on 12/13/12 13:29 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

got this car in 2008, had to replace the engine in 2011, tranny gives a kick in the back had it rebuilt, and it still kicks in the back, love love love the car though, the driving is awesome, on the hwy, ohhh boy, you have to be very mindful, it luvvs the hway, and....it hardly eats any gas on the hwy, but locally, wow, terrible, the drive is awesome though, and ppl still turn to look, a beautiful car, but not cheap

2000 BMW 740iL
By mroseberry1 on 09/26/12 07:24 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

The overall charistics of this car are fantastic. I purchased this car 6 months ago for 8500.00 and it has 74k miles. Its hard to find this much cart for this kind of money. Great value. I own a Corvette and Hot Rod shop and have driven many many car of all ages and types. This 740iL is on my top 10 list of best overall car!

Great car for those who appreciate the dynamics, general drivers may want to steer clear.
By mike_petersen on 07/26/12 14:01 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This is my 5th BMW, and also my favorite. I’ve owned several 3 series and 5 series. All great cars but the 7 series of this E38 generation is truly special. The powertrain is strong by the standard of the ’00, for 99% of your driving the power is more than adequate. The lines are classic, I still think the best of all BMW and the car continues to turn heads like no other. Clean, taught, uncluttered, and purposeful. The true sport package on the 740i is tighter than most would like, would recommend the non-sport for most people. If you are not mechanically included, or do not have a mechanic you trust and dependent on the BMW dealership, you may want to step with caution.

awesome car just not after 150k miles
By bmw37 on 04/17/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome no other way of saying it. it is better than any 7 series for sale today. the styling is classic. the interior is perfect and doesnt have any bmw i drive nonsense just a good sized navigation system that matches perfectly in the center, the driving feel is awesome too. the leather quality is excellent and the rear seat leg room is something the be seen. the engine may be short of 300 hp but you wouldnt be able to know once you floor it. the engine is perfect, the transmission is one of the smoothest out there. the car may be long and heavy but bmw has managed to make it feel only slightly short of an M3's handling capabilites. this car is a joy to drive.

Not what you'd think
By steven67 on 03/16/12 22:22 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

First, this will most likely be one of the very best cars that you'll ever own. Every aspect of this car is absolutely amazing. The engine is plenty powerful, and the ride is great. The first night that I drove it I didn't want to stop driving. This car has all the features that one could desire. Now it's true that BMW's aren't the most reliable cars on the planet and when it comes time to fix them it usually wont be cheap. DON'T TAKE A BMW TO THE DEALER, or you're an idiot. Either find a BMW mechanic in your area or do the work yourself, it's very easy. If I, being a 19 year-old college student, can afford to keep this car running, you can too. (continued below)

Going back to japanese cars
By milkman on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

i got this car oct.2009 my eyes lit up like a chris X tree.. then service engine light came on 4 times (each time i repaired the problem) it stopped on me out of state i had to have it towed to BMW (alternator)1 day on my way to BMW to buy an ex. key (radiator busted)on me. then the motor in the sunroof took a dump. the last straw was the engine light is on again and i can't pass the emission test.in the end i realize i just have a polished turd.previously i had an infiniti M45. love the car.(car accident)my next and last stop will be a lexus.

My 2000 740il
By Michael Lucero on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I purposely bought this year because I loved the exterior styling. I did not like the newer ones and I bought in 2007. This is a large car and has the best back seats and legroom EVER. I have fit 5 back there, yes illegally during a Vegas run and had no complaints. They actually had enough room to sit on the floor!! Bought my car with 70,000 miles on it for $18,000.00 plus $2,600.00 for an extended warranty that last 2 years or 100,000 mile, whichever came first. First, thank god I did get the warranty. Second, thank god this was a great warranty and company to purchase from. Here is a list of what was done before the car hit 100,000 miles. All handled without question, although an inspector

Ricks 2000 bmw 740i sport
By Ricks 740i sport on 03/08/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

i have owned more than 10 cars and for some reason they all get played out and sold. i got offered a reasonable price but could not sell it. i owned it for 5 years now. performance love it, still looks better then the 745il models. drives fast with out realizing (bad in some cases). maintenance is not bad at you local mechanic (water pump & fan with belts tune up and other few thing ran about 1200, same price as my 2001 Honda prelude) and no time seeing my self getting rid of it.

Second 750iL proves same as first one
By ST on 09/14/09 14:32 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

My 2nd 750 has been the same as the 1st in terms of performance & problems. My 1st, a '99 bought @ 51Kmi & totaled @ 105Kmi, not a horrible crash by any stretch, major damage under the car was the problem. Current vehicle bought @ 41Kmi now @ 53Kmi. Nothing but batteries so far but the oil service light just came on so I am prepared for at least a grand for the soon to be scheduled service by BMW (Break My Wallet). Will probably do the plugs (12). If you can't afford a few grand/yr. in service, this is not the car for you. Sway links & thrust rod bushings will be covered. Extended warranty for 48Kmi/48 mos. cost $4,100 & if you own these cars, you had best get a top of the line warranty.

Say Hello to Deferred Maintenance!
By Bobby M on 08/12/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

Bought the car almost three years ago. My first Bimmer will likely be my last. As much as I love driving the car, it is waaaaay too costly to fix. The plastic (!!) tank on the radiator split 5 days after I purchased the car. I've had to replace the water pump, thermostat, and power steering pump. Right now I could drop $8k on the car just to fix the many problems that I live with, including: - ABS computer dead (no traction control), - Thrust bearings in front suspension, - Tranny needs to be replaced (but car still drives, - engine failsafe program kicks in about once a month). Now my car won't pass a smog check because the check engine light STAYS ON.

1 2 3 4 5 next »