Still an Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ezzyme on
1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan
I just bought this with 115,000 miles on it. The paint is a 7 - swirl marks and a couple of minor dings. But the interior is a 9, even after 11 years and 115,000 miles. The back seat looks like no one has sat their. The driving experience is exceptional.
Favorite Features
282 HP and the great trany/engine interplay. Unbelievable rear leg room even without the L version. Heavy doors and solid lasting quality.
Suggested Improvements
Better front cup holder.
By ecgeiger
on 10/07/14 15:24 PM (PDT)

Who can tell me how the 1999 740 series is on gas mileage. Also, when are the Timing belt and water pump to be replaced? This car looks great, clean and interior in 9 condition, trunk has had nothing in it, all the tools still there, CD player in trunk, and paint still good a navy blue with a few scratches. Drives very smooth except when I brake, the front of the car starts to shake. Is this probably warped roters? If so, I guess I should change the roters and brakes at the same time. Since this car isn't a Turbo, what type of power can I expect to get out of the way of a 18 wheeler? WHAT would be a fair price for this care with 125,000 miles? Thank you for your help and assistance. ECG WHAT do you think is a fair price for this car?