1999 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Flagship BMW
By msk600 on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

What a smooth, quite ride. Although I purchased used, it feels and rides like a brand new car. If you can find a well maintained used one, go for it. Suprisingly, I get more than 20 MPG on highway driving fully utilizing its V12 power.

First BMW
By bill williams on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

First Europen car I've owned. The last 3 cars we Lincolns(Two Mark VIII's and a 2001 LS). All had V8's but nothing to compare to the Beemer's performance and handling.I have the 740i with thw Sport package.

Too fun not to drive
By 31 year old on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 72k on it. Can honestly say that it is the greatest sport sedan land yacht around. The power plant could use a little more punch but is more than apt for the application. The DSC is a true lifesaver. I am 6 foot 6 inches and I can sit in the driver seat with my legs completely straight. Comfort is available in every seat. The rear seats are more like a nice leather couch. One thing that was added were wheels from the new 745. The 18" wheels have helped the performance around corners.

Love the ride, but hope it lasts
By Leo74099 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Best option BMW NA made available is the Sport Package on the 740i. With a short wheel base, tighter springs, bigger tires (vs. L), etc; this is a big car that feels much smaller. Never a problem in corners, this car inspires confidence at speed and has a standing still presence that is hard to match.

excellent car
By satfoun on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

fabulous car.Some problems that should not occur like,radiator,radiator reservoir, onboard computer digits missing pixcels and afew other things.

The Best Car I have even owned
By Gus177 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is not only a high performance car, it is a beauty, both in and out. Design wise, has BMW written all over it, unlike the new 745il that can be mistaken for an Infinity or a Nissan. It broke my heart when they discontinued the 740.

Wish They Had Not Changed
By An Original Owner on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

My 1999 BMW 740iL now has 66,000 miles, still no problem - mechnical - body - interior - anyplace. The space in the back seat for longer trips can't be matched by Mercedes or any car I know of. Due to age I considered trading my 1999 for a 2003 745LI. Don't like the look of the 2003 745 or all of the "advanced techno" stuff I'll never use. Wish they hads never changed the the body style. o stuff" I'll never need.

Great Car
By dynamos on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

The 740i is an incredible car. Fun to drive plus has plenty of room both front and back. Loves to cruise at 80 mph+. Quiet and comfortable ride. Have had some problems, radiator and windshield wipers, but both were taken care of on factory warranty. Dealer service has been courteous and prompt.

Fabulous Flagship
By CreagerLeasing on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This 740i is truely a remarkable car. Distinctive design with true creature comforts galore. The sound system is a reward to the ear. Stable drive that hugs the pavement. Top notch ergonomics, and you can hear, smell and feel the quality of the build. An absolute joy to drive and own. Plus you've saved over 40% depreciation by buying or leasing this 1999!

my dream car
By shawnpr on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is the first car I have wanted to drive for an fun. When I am bored and have nothing to do, I take a drive, it is the ultimate driving experience.