Used 1999 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

World greatest car
By redskins23607

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've owned mercedes, lexus and bmws. This is the best. I will pick Bimmer over all others. The performance is amazing. This one is stock and runs with the best of vehicles. I am going to chip it out so I can get all I can out of her. I love this car!

Seating comfort. I'm 6'5" and i'm very comfortable. Excellent gas mileage for vehicle size. Love the parking sensors. Classic looks! Climate controls very good. All in all great vehicle.

Pixels in instrument panel (poor quality), stereo, cup holders, O2 sensors (pitiful). I hate the keys! I've replaced them twice (wear out too easy). Phone is bad also. Bluetooth upgrade coming soon.

My 750iL CAA1
By Clifford A Armstrong

1999 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

Great, great car, big comfortable, gets 23 mpg at 75mph. Problems have been with the cooling system, mostly raditor and associated parts. Next problem is the double-pane glass that discolors from separation between the two panes. Company will not replace, even though all had been replaced under warranty the first time. Expensive to maintain, hard to work on the engine because of tight spaces.

Speed, handling, quietiness, comfort, sound of the exhaust, classic looks, stereo sound system.

Improvement in the windshield and side glass, especially the side double-pane glass (the fog and air bubbles destory the looks). One size larger (wider) tires.

Nice Ride
By Laslo

1999 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

With the Sport option, this is a sports car in sedan disguise. This car puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Handling, power, brakes.

Awesome driving machine
By x1811

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 52,000 miles. Car looked and drove new. After two months, I can say this is the finest car I've ever owned. Although I'm partial to high end Toyotas, this vehicle drives like a dream. Comfort front and back are superior, wind noise is low, and it attracks looks everywhere, even in the church parking lot. Great fun to drive at higher speeds (80-90). Gas mileage hwy 23 mph.

Powerful, smooth engine. Dash layout. Outside body styling is pure BMW. Road Handling is great and rough roads are smoothed out magically by suspension. My teenaged son loves the expansive backseat.

Cupholders look fragile and not very capable. Pixels on odometer readout are missing at times. Otherwise, still my favorite vehicle.

Most fun/value among used luxury cars
By solution

1999 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 740IL when it was 5 years old with 1 year of CPO warranty left. It was love by first sight. It looks gracful on the outside, and unblieveably spacious in the inside, much more than the 96 Deville it replaced. 10 months passed, it has been smooth running and problem-free. With it, I have been looking forward to my daily one-hour and a half commute. So much fun and comfort.

Premium DPS sound system, the 10 speakers + diversity antennas beat LS400's Nakamichi by miles, not to mention BOSE. The limo-like back seat. The parking assitance and security glass. Quick accelaration when you need it. Comfortable seats. Reasonable 21.5 MPG mixed driving.

Door lock/unlock move to the driver's door.