1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Enjoy it while you can, before bankrupt
By SP on 11/13/09 02:21 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

A great car I am sure when new. Bought in 2009. 10 yrs old. Main module computer replaced, radiator, air-cond, headlight, deadpixels, worst, unfixable petrol smell, told a leak is there and the seal replacement is expensive. Great to enjoy it but when comes to maintenance, well, you know... I make sure I get the best out of it before my bankruptcy if I keep it. Once in a lifetime experience, may even get another one when the right encounter occurs. What a love-hate relationship!

1999 750iL - 30 month review
By Scott on 03/02/07 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

Bought @ 50K miles for $29K out the door. Needed major service, thrust rod bushings & sway links. After $2,100 all good. Since then: battery x 2, climate control fan motor, radiator repair, tires, repair hood latch, replace oxygen sensors, new front pads & rotors, new electronic thermostat, 2nd major service, added new center armrest & ashtray coin tray, replaced cup holder & console wood trim, replaced outside mirror pass. side, replaced map light rear pass. side, replaced two side windows pass. side & rear driver side, several scheduled maintenance visits & replaced one ultrasonic parking sensor. I may be missing a few things, grand total $13K. Present mileage 100,400. BMW: Break My Wallet.

My 750iL CAA1
By Clifford A Armstrong on 05/23/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

Great, great car, big comfortable, gets 23 mpg at 75mph. Problems have been with the cooling system, mostly raditor and associated parts. Next problem is the double-pane glass that discolors from separation between the two panes. Company will not replace, even though all had been replaced under warranty the first time. Expensive to maintain, hard to work on the engine because of tight spaces.

Flagship BMW
By msk600 on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

What a smooth, quite ride. Although I purchased used, it feels and rides like a brand new car. If you can find a well maintained used one, go for it. Suprisingly, I get more than 20 MPG on highway driving fully utilizing its V12 power.