1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Still an Ultimate Driving Machine
By Ezzyme on 02/28/10 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

I just bought this with 115,000 miles on it. The paint is a 7 - swirl marks and a couple of minor dings. But the interior is a 9, even after 11 years and 115,000 miles. The back seat looks like no one has sat their. The driving experience is exceptional.

Enjoy it while you can, before bankrupt
By SP on 11/13/09 02:21 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

A great car I am sure when new. Bought in 2009. 10 yrs old. Main module computer replaced, radiator, air-cond, headlight, deadpixels, worst, unfixable petrol smell, told a leak is there and the seal replacement is expensive. Great to enjoy it but when comes to maintenance, well, you know... I make sure I get the best out of it before my bankruptcy if I keep it. Once in a lifetime experience, may even get another one when the right encounter occurs. What a love-hate relationship!

110K miles of first owner experience.
By Peter Judar on 06/26/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle new at 74 miles with sport package and I can tell you everything about this car. You will replace the radiator like a clockwork every 35K miles, about $400. Transmission failed at 73k miles. Extended warranty covered all but $100. While I loved the sport package wheels, I got sick of paying $250 per tire every 17k miles, put 17 inch BMW wheels on with Michelins for $150 each now get 35k miles per tire with a way better ride, less the look, oh well! Still get 14/21 mpg city/hwy. Recently replaced both front rubber mounts/arms for $400. Car tracks and steers like new! Rear/right window regulator replaced $600. Fan blew up at 80k miles and went through belt/hood

1999 750iL - 30 month review
By Scott on 03/02/07 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

Bought @ 50K miles for $29K out the door. Needed major service, thrust rod bushings & sway links. After $2,100 all good. Since then: battery x 2, climate control fan motor, radiator repair, tires, repair hood latch, replace oxygen sensors, new front pads & rotors, new electronic thermostat, 2nd major service, added new center armrest & ashtray coin tray, replaced cup holder & console wood trim, replaced outside mirror pass. side, replaced map light rear pass. side, replaced two side windows pass. side & rear driver side, several scheduled maintenance visits & replaced one ultrasonic parking sensor. I may be missing a few things, grand total $13K. Present mileage 100,400. BMW: Break My Wallet.

World greatest car
By redskins23607 on 09/04/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've owned mercedes, lexus and bmws. This is the best. I will pick Bimmer over all others. The performance is amazing. This one is stock and runs with the best of vehicles. I am going to chip it out so I can get all I can out of her. I love this car!

My 750iL CAA1
By Clifford A Armstrong on 05/23/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 750iL 4dr Sedan

Great, great car, big comfortable, gets 23 mpg at 75mph. Problems have been with the cooling system, mostly raditor and associated parts. Next problem is the double-pane glass that discolors from separation between the two panes. Company will not replace, even though all had been replaced under warranty the first time. Expensive to maintain, hard to work on the engine because of tight spaces.

Nice Ride
By Laslo on 03/05/06 15:08 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

With the Sport option, this is a sports car in sedan disguise. This car puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

Awesome driving machine
By x1811 on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 52,000 miles. Car looked and drove new. After two months, I can say this is the finest car I've ever owned. Although I'm partial to high end Toyotas, this vehicle drives like a dream. Comfort front and back are superior, wind noise is low, and it attracks looks everywhere, even in the church parking lot. Great fun to drive at higher speeds (80-90). Gas mileage hwy 23 mph.

Most fun/value among used luxury cars
By solution on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 740IL when it was 5 years old with 1 year of CPO warranty left. It was love by first sight. It looks gracful on the outside, and unblieveably spacious in the inside, much more than the 96 Deville it replaced. 10 months passed, it has been smooth running and problem-free. With it, I have been looking forward to my daily one-hour and a half commute. So much fun and comfort.

1999 740IL
By meemygirl on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

The ride is excellent but too many gadgets have had to be repaired: rear and front cup holders, rear glass window up and down, car phone electronics still do not work, glove compartment latch. I could go on, but the smooth ride is still the best.