1998 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
'98 Bimmer
By Zebra on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is the finest luxury/performance sedan in the world for the money. Where else could you cruise in total luxury at 90mph & get 24 mpg????!!

Very Pleased
By jsh2 on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

A first rate upgrade from my BMW 540i.It is especially roomy in the back seat and it drives smoothly. The sound system is nothing short of spectacular as this car had an upgraded radio.

Nice Car
By SB on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Our experience with the car has been absolutely outstanding. No maintenance issues, and it drives like butter. i would recommend this car to anyone considering buying one. Until you've nailed the accelerator on a 740i you havent lived!!

1998 BMW 740i
By Jim T on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I have been very disappointed with this car. I used to drive a 328 i and absolutely loved it. Excellent performance and exceptional reliability. I assumed upgrading to a 740i would be a wise move. Was I ever wrong! I've had this thing into the shop at least 4 different times in the past year. It also stranded my family hours from home after the water pump blew. Numerous electrical problems as well. Never EVER again will I buy a 7 series BMW .

I am going to miss my 740iL
By jrlambert on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

It is the ultimate driving machine! Fun and comfortable

The most unreliable car I've ever had
By Just say no to BMW on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is the most unreliable car I've ever had. Too many problems to mentions. The biggest mistake!

Looks nice, completey unreliable!
By Michael S. on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I leased a used, 1998 BMW740I. I felt confident that I would be protected by the manufacturer's warranty. However I later learned that the warranties are tiered and started expiring months after I signed the lease. The car only had 19K miles, and I've only put 12K on it. I am turning it in early becuase it has so many mechanical problems, mostly electircal, but it has also has overheated three times, leaving me stranded. I can't afford to miss any more work. This car is going to ruin my career. I want my Toyota back!

Finally A Car To Match My Personality!
By D-Pak on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This car is the finest machine I have ever driven, and believe me I have driven a lot. The power and handling are excellent, and that is what makes the car fun to drive. In short, it is the perfect blend of performance, luxury, and elegance.

Pricey but worth it
By Jimbob on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

I am a car nut! I wanted performance and I got it. The 750IL has more than enough juice for any driver right off the line. As I am finding out there are plenty of ways to improve both the performance and the mileage. It does have some quirks. There is a sensor on everything in the car and sometimes they give out reading that are hard to understand. That is what the gear heads at the dealership are for. All in All there are few automobiles that can top the luxury items or the high performance of this incredible machine.

A Dream To Drive
By jbreeves on 03/14/02 18:46 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Finest automobile I've ever driven. Hard pressed to find anything for BMW to improve on. Okay, 600 hp would be nice!