Used 1998 BMW 7 Series 740i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Bmw 7-series - Consumer Reviews

1998 BMW 7 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Looks nice, completey unreliable!
By Michael S.

1998 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

I leased a used, 1998 BMW740I. I felt confident that I would be protected by the manufacturer's warranty. However I later learned that the warranties are tiered and started expiring months after I signed the lease. The car only had 19K miles, and I've only put 12K on it. I am turning it in early becuase it has so many mechanical problems, mostly electircal, but it has also has overheated three times, leaving me stranded. I can't afford to miss any more work. This car is going to ruin my career. I want my Toyota back!

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to work on quality and reliability! It's a shame that my Camry was a better quality car.

Finally A Car To Match My Personality!
By D-Pak

1998 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

This car is the finest machine I have ever driven, and believe me I have driven a lot. The power and handling are excellent, and that is what makes the car fun to drive. In short, it is the perfect blend of performance, luxury, and elegance.

Favorite Features

The key thing I like is the car does exactly what you want it to do. It is an extension of you. You can drive slow and reserved getting good gas mileage (18mpg) or you can shift into sports mode and fly. I love the navigation system and onboard computer.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish it came with larger low profile wheels, but I think that would make the ride less smooth, but hey I am a low-profile nut. None of the large power sedans that this car competes against comes with wheels like that anyway.