1998 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Best Luxry Sedan, Get One
By arimah1 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

I replaced my Lexus LS400 with this car after I got rear ended. The car had 104k miles when I bought it and still looked and handled like new. I have put 15k miles in less than one year and all I have done to the car is change the oil. It is a blast to drive. One big surprise, I get 27 MPG on the highway driving at 80 MPH. What other V12 can do that? The faster you go, the more powerful it gets. Handling around corners is excellent for a vehicle this size. Interior has all the comforts one will need and quality of finish is great. Better than every car I have owned including the Lesus. Get one today and experience a new high in driving pleasure.

pleasantly surprised
By bmwraf on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I seriously considered a used lexus before driving the 7 series bmw. This 98 had only 25K miles and was garaged. However, it needed some deferred maintenance and since has been terrific. Elegant and muscular, it is the perfect car for highway driving.

The next best thing to flying.
By vnammoman on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

The BMW 740iL is absolute fun to drive. It's performance is outstanding. The 4L engine provides plenty of power, but most of all, the road handling is superb. Just a touch of the wheel and you corner like nothing else. It's as though you were flying, not driving.

BMW--NO OTHER
By lionel on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Smooth,strong, silent ride;low maintenance.

One Fine Performance Sedan
By bdbd on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Excellent Car; far better than the new 745; solid, performance oriented ....

Impressive Ride!!
By jtb444 on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Finally got the car I've wanted for years in great shape with only one prior owner. Love the power and the looks. I can't see myself in the 2002+ model. Minor mechanicals but great dealer service at very reasonable prices compared to my wife's Volvo dealer. Son loves it!!

My new used car is great
By NewUsed BMW on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I was lucky to leave the lot with this car after shopping for an E-Class or 5 series, my bank showed me the value of the 7 series by not financing the smaller cars to my liking. Next thing I know, I am driving the Ultimate Driving Machine flagship car. Just lucky, I guess. Everyone interested in used cars, should check the loan values and learn it is easier to get the flagship BMW than to settle for something less. E-Class is less.

A nice experience with my 740i
By the MB on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car certified-pre-owned with 36k miles on it. It is a blast to drive and I get a lot of compliments on its styling from clients. I appreciate the fact that it can hold three car seats across in the rear. It has had two repairs in 12 months; new ventilation fan motor, new fuel injection o-rings. This would have totaled about $1,000 without the warranty. While this kind of thing seems typical, and is certainly not cheap, a used 740 has a great overall value proposition.

Too Much Fun
By RobB on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Since I bought my beemer in '00 I have just loved it. It did go thru a period of breakdowns around 80K miles but this is to be expected especially how I drive it. I regularly run at 115 to 120+ on the open Northern CA hwy's. Very responsive and fun. Comfort level is way up there. Raced it a few times at Infineon Raceway. This is a car that loves to fully aspirate in huge deep breaths and so do you when you drive it.

Absolutely Love It!!!
By beemerguy on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I have owned several BMW's, but this is by far the nicest most pleasureable one to drive. Maintaining it is worth it since it has all the attributes of a sports car and the accomodations of a luxury sedan. Super for business or family.