1997 BMW 7 Series Consumer Review: Finally we own an excellect au

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Finally we own an excellect automobile
By wmsnodgras on

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

After a three month search on line for the perfect E38'-- I was prepared to drive up to 1500 miles to get the right car--I found "my" vehicle 6 miles from home. It has been running flawlessly, except for a short circuit in a wiring harnace which BMW of El Paso seems to have fixed at no charge. Car is total pleasure to own and drive. mileage in town is 14.5 MPG. On the highway, I'm getting 25 MPG all day @75 mph using the recommended mid-grade gasoline.

Handling, weight, safety features, Up to 3 memory settings for 8 way power seat, mirrors, and steering wheel positioning, remote keylss entry, design quality, dimming interior lights

Why can't BMW increase the reliablity of the various electronic systems in an automobile this sophisticated? Acura and Lexus have done it--but the great Japanese auto makers have yet to build a body and suspension that is as well designed and integrated as this BMW 740i.