1997 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
BMW 7 Series poorly build
By wtmason on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car and the way it looks. This is why after having a bad maintenance exp. with my 1992 BMW 7 series and purchased a new 1998 series, all to find I have the same on going maintenance. I have now given up and I am selling to buy another car from another manufacture.

97 740iL
By Freddie on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

My 1997 740iL is the best car I have ever driven. It has incredible power and I absolutely love it. The 282hp V8 engine is smooth going down the highway.

Motor Trends For BMW
By on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Trouble experienced with cooling system (water pump & thermastate) and shorts in wireing systems.

Fun to drive, but mostly SAFE
By codylove on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I have owned both a 525 and now the 740il BMW and have loved them both. For luxury, style and comfort you can't do much better than the BMW. I also had a Mercedes and when I wanted to get a new vehicle, considered their 300 series. But for the money I would have spent to get a new Mercedes, I thought I got a better car by buying Pre-certified/used thru BMW!

Can't go wrong with this vehicle
By Yago on 03/17/02 15:01 PM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is an incredible car. There is not a fault I could find in it.

Awesome
By AAC on 03/04/02 11:03 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever driven. The ride is fast and smooth. The stereo is unbelievable-- it lets you block out the outside noises and traffic jams. Although expensive, the used prices are a bargain for what you get.