1997 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews 2

1997 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
The Ultimate Ride & Repair Costs
By DarkShark on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car to drive! Plenty Leg Room and comfort features but don't plan on leaving the repair shop for less than $1,000 per visit (for instance, I needed $30.00 in parts and the total bill was close to $900.00). If you buy one, do yourself a favor and STRONGLY consider getting an extended (high performance) warranty...You WILL forget about the repair costs while driving though! The best of the best (unless you have the pleasure of driving the 2004 535i)!

lots of fun/problems
By sanjaysp on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Great drivers car!!! pleasure to drive, get lots of looks.

love it, but.....
By glfahlcron on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

this is the ultimate driving vehicle...the only problem i have is when i have to put it in the shop for repairs. expect to dig deep... nevertheless, when i get back behind the wheel it seems all worth it.

Endless money pit
By RenoBMW on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Great road car when it's running, but plagued by extremely low realibility and extremely high repair costs. Bought this off lease and have had it in shop at least once every month since for various things breaking or not working. The A/C has been repaired twice at $1800 per trip, and still doesn't work all the time, new driveline, suspension, seat motors, DMK motors, the list is endless. I've paid nearly as much in repairs as I did for the car. As soon as the last payment is made I'm buying a Lexus.

No more MBZ for me!
By 1997 BMW Owner on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I had always owned MBZ and although I was quite happy with what I drove, it wasn't until I got behind the wheel of this 740i that I understood the meaning of the ultimate driving machine. What a pleasure!

THE BMW 740IL
By Jeerryy on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

ITS A GREAT CAR

Great car but not cheap to run.
By Enjoyment on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I love my 740i. With the Dinan engine upgrades and stage 1 suspension it is like a large sports car. Smooth and powerful with a navigation system/TV. So far, only the cooling system (radiator, water pump and resevoir) has broken. I hope that will be all but that is a lot for a 1997 with 60,000 miles on it. Certified warranty keeps costs down up to 50,000 miles.

Repairs & More
By Msaw on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Although the extended warranty to 100,000 miles covers the repairs, the repairs never stop nor to the headaces of having the car towed back to the dealership. Replaced stereo 3 times, valve cover gaskets, water pump, replaced radiator 2 times, trouble with the electronics, and now the A/C. BMW can make a great car, have a 92 525i with 182,000 miles and no repairs, plus it's fun to drive.

NICE!!!
By wvangosen on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I love this car! When I purchased it though, it had some problems and slightly abused. Digital displays not functioning properly, radio buttons broken, no floor mats, paint splatter on the side, etc... However, the ride and performance of this car have more than made up for these minor glites (not to mention the great price I got on it). Center console should have a hidden compartment for the phone and be covered with the same soft leather that the seats are covered in.

Hate to love it
By Steve B on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I love the car and the compliments. Legroom for everyone. But too much maintenance on things that shouldn't go wrong. When I ask, I hear "yeah, the 7's do that." $3500 in the last year or so...this is ridiculous.