Used 1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Seriously Amazing car. I love this car <3
By gdwhip

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

Super positive this car is the best. Bought this car in 2010 and I've had it for 5 years. I would recommend it to anyone. Girls love the roomy bmw. The leather luxurious interior makes you feel like a boss from the way the steering wheel heats your hands up to the wood grain and super comfortable seats. Everyone that sits inside the car compliments it. I've had numerous people offer to buy it but I would never sell it. The car grows on you. I took out the sound system and installed a beautiful nav gps with aux cord and it get better sound than any vehicle I've ever sat inside. The whole look and feel of this car is the perfect balance of cool and classy.

Favorite Features

So many features in that make this car special there's too many to write. Like the heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, the roomy trunk, sun roof, perfect ride, powerful, the car just makes you happy to drive it. This car will last forever with its timeless styling and it's one of the strongest cars on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Get a black one, the car looks exeptional in black. Black leather is a plus too, it doesn't age like white leather does. Also the stock music player in it is dated, I recommend getting one that has had some work to the stereo.

1997 Bmw 740iL Luxury Luxury And Performance
By bmwenthusiast7

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I recently bought a 1997 Bmw 740iL Luxury Sedan with 154,000 original miles. I bought it for $1,500 and all it needed was a hood latch. Then I finished it off with fifteen inch chrome and black wheels and a premium navigation system. The power is amazing and it has all the options to make it considered a luxury vehicle. It is simply five out of five stars.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By michaeljr5

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan

No doubt, the late 90's 7 Series were by far one of BMW's most beautiful cars ever! I bought my 97 740i with 175K miles on it. It's not in perfect condition, it's been a project car. If you're willing to shop around you can find good parts for really good prices. I replaced all four struts, upper, lower control arms, tie rods and sway bar linkage for about $1000. I did all the work myself. It has that stupid Nav system in it and it doesn't work. The bugger is that it's not wired like a normal stereo so replacing it is near impossible. All in all, this one is a rocket ship! I'd love to drive a new one!!!

Favorite Features

Almost 300hp at 176K miles, awesome! Cruises at 85 mph and gets 22 mpg doing it! It is by far just awesome to drive! I've taken it to the stip and have embarrassed a few muscle and tuners with it. No one thinks it'll move.

Piece of junk
By lousy cat

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is the only car I have ever owned that literally falls apart before your eyes. BMW should be ashamed to put such a poor quality car on the market. It's only redeeming quality is that it looks good. The list of things wrong with my car are incredible for a car that has just over 100k on it BMW shame on you.

Favorite Features

sunroof and sound system

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner, trans, suspension. Etc, etc, etc. Ad nauseum.

Great Car!
By JoeyJ

1997 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

Great car fun to drive but when something breaks prepare to spend at least $200 in repairs.

Favorite Features

room, sound, stance, aggressive look

Suggested Improvements

better gas mpg, cheaper parts