Used 1995 BMW 7 Series 740i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Enjoyable Ride
By tommoss

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This has been a most enjoyable car to own, albeit expensive to maintain. Road manners are great; this car is not nippy but nonethless has plenty of power when you need it. I had great fun driving through the mountains in the west and out performed every other car on the road through the twisting gradients. Loved the seating and the luxurious interior and the great sound system. The absence of a built in compass and no automatic headlight cut-off was disappointing. Just after having spent money on new electronic displays, cupholder, etc. have now had damage created by being hit by a flying deer. A new hood will cost me $1700. How much more money do I want to put into an 11-year old car?

1995 740i engine problem
By puzzled

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Excited about finally owning a BMW 740, when a year later the car stopped running. Since then, the car has been parked in my garage waiting for an $8,000.00 engine replacement. I learned that there is a problem with the engine which looses compression due to corrosion in the cylinders (this became a problem only in US because of the additives added in gasoline). BMW didn't take responsibility and should have replaced my engine free of charge. In fact, dealers which have BMW's with 4.0 engine that date from 94-96 should not sell them until they replace the engine. What puzzles me is why is this information hidden from the consumers?

Comfort, style & performance (when is running)

BMW noticed this problem and changed metal alloy used in cylinders after '96. I should get my engine repaired or replaced by BMW free of charge.

1995 BMW 740i
By N.I.C

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

For a used car this is the best buy ever. This luxury car thinks it's a sports car & boy does it handle like one,with a 282-hp, 32-valve, 4.0-liter V8 engine. The leg & headroom is great for a sedan, with a nice aerodynamic look, this car reminds me of the MD80 or a small jet.It has the M.I.D. system (Multi Information Display)if you pass gas the onboard Computer will tell you..lol..If you get this car make sure it comes with a manual & it's like studying for a S.A.T Note: this isn't even the 740il with more features ...lol...If your a car lover a Bimmer is the way to go from the 3series on to the 7series it is a very sports like ride.

Great Handling, great suspension, powerful engine.

Sucks too much fuel..holds 22gallons/you will burn it fast

Like 10 things that go wrong with every model

Wonderful Automobile
By noworries

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is the most wonderful car I've ever driven. It's so smooth and the power is right there. I feel very, very safe in this car. The premium sound system is fantastic. The interior is beautiful. There isn't one thing I don't like about this car, except maybe the fuel economy; but that's what you get with a big V8 engine!!

Everything