1995 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Love Hate Relationship
By Bimmer Man on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 95 Bmw 740i for almost 2 years now and it has been a love hate relationship. I love it when it's running like it should and hate it when it's not. The 740i has great handling and beautiful acceleration, all made available in a 4 door sedan. The Bimmer is great but watch out for reapirs. I have spent many "green backs" keeping this baby running like it should. If you want unsurpassed luxury and the opportunity to turn heads at every traffic light purchase one. If your frugal and looking for economy try the 3 series! Happy motoring!

Does it get much better than this
By gmess38 on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is my second performance luxury sedan (LX-400). There is nothing like driving this level of automobile. I feel totally unsafe driving anything in the lower tiers. This car cruises effortlessly above 100 mph and stops without skidding, faster than anything alive. It is a little more "throaty" than the Lexus, which I initially didn't like, but have come to enjoy. Its a BMW afterall. I wish there weren't any speed limits; It almost seems like a waste sometimes. The traction control is superb in the snow - if you know how to drive in the snow.

Love & Hate
By kevlexus10 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is the most fun car i've ever driven. Great performance and handling. Hugs the curves and rides like a dream on the open highway. But MAN !!! was I in for a surprise when it came to the repairs. Way too costly to maintain. And didn't expect the engine to go out at 100K. Good thing BMW fixed that problem quick. Get the engine checked if you plan on getting a '95 ($7,000-$10,000).

one of the greatest car
By jay1972 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable with fun to drive

The Good, Bad & The Ugly
By K-Ray on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

The Good: Love the styling and performance, and friendly service people. It will all be over in 2 more months. The Bad: Hated all the service problems and service is over-priced (e.g., too expensive - new battery- $300+; Brakes- $600; annual servicing $600; 2 new tires at 35,00 miles-$430+; headlamps; brake-lights; new belts, etc - too frustrating to list all problems). The Ugly: Salesperson lied about cost of service and maintenance("$50 maximum up to 100,000 miles). Service and maintenance costs were totally unexpected.

Excellent overall car! Very reliable.
By mevande on 02/26/02 08:40 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Best Car I have ever owned! Never needs service, except normal check ups. You can drive the car hard and have some fun and it won't "break".

Help...Get me out of this thing!
By Judy C on 02/11/02 09:05 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Most troublesome vehicle I've ever owned. So, what's the problem? Just trade it, huh? Well, while it has given me more problems than one could ever imagine, it has also been the most awesome drive I've ever experienced. What to do, what to do? The inconvenience of contining visits to be serviced/repaired has just outweighed the love of the drive. Bye bye BMW.