1995 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
1995 BMW 740i
By N.I.C on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

For a used car this is the best buy ever. This luxury car thinks it's a sports car & boy does it handle like one,with a 282-hp, 32-valve, 4.0-liter V8 engine. The leg & headroom is great for a sedan, with a nice aerodynamic look, this car reminds me of the MD80 or a small jet.It has the M.I.D. system (Multi Information Display)if you pass gas the onboard Computer will tell you..lol..If you get this car make sure it comes with a manual & it's like studying for a S.A.T Note: this isn't even the 740il with more features ...lol...If your a car lover a Bimmer is the way to go from the 3series on to the 7series it is a very sports like ride.

I love this car!
By deahn on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 750iL 4dr Sedan

My husband bought this car for me as a suprise wedding anniversary gift. The only shocker was the repair bill, , the A/c went out,($1900) and the Bugatti after market wheels vibrated requiring new front tires ($1,000/pr) NEVER put those on your beautiful BMW.

Not Up the Mark
By alg863 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

The BMW is called the Ultimate Driving Machine but the fine print should be "Between Frequent Trips to the Shop". We spent $12000 (yes, twelve thousand) in repairs in about 2.5 years on this car. We had the car for 5 years between 48K miles and 82K miles. Even during the warranty period the car had several problems. It had to be towed twice to the shop. In the end I lost confidence in the car and traded it immediately after spending almost $1500 in repairs. As a luxury car, it was not great. The automatic climate control was not up the mark - generating hot and cold air randomly. Even dealer experience was poor - nothing compared to Lexus.

My 2c
By th34 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

More smiles per mile then any other 4 door

Wonderful Automobile
By noworries on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is the most wonderful car I've ever driven. It's so smooth and the power is right there. I feel very, very safe in this car. The premium sound system is fantastic. The interior is beautiful. There isn't one thing I don't like about this car, except maybe the fuel economy; but that's what you get with a big V8 engine!!

Love Hate Relationship
By Bimmer Man on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 95 Bmw 740i for almost 2 years now and it has been a love hate relationship. I love it when it's running like it should and hate it when it's not. The 740i has great handling and beautiful acceleration, all made available in a 4 door sedan. The Bimmer is great but watch out for reapirs. I have spent many "green backs" keeping this baby running like it should. If you want unsurpassed luxury and the opportunity to turn heads at every traffic light purchase one. If your frugal and looking for economy try the 3 series! Happy motoring!

Does it get much better than this
By gmess38 on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is my second performance luxury sedan (LX-400). There is nothing like driving this level of automobile. I feel totally unsafe driving anything in the lower tiers. This car cruises effortlessly above 100 mph and stops without skidding, faster than anything alive. It is a little more "throaty" than the Lexus, which I initially didn't like, but have come to enjoy. Its a BMW afterall. I wish there weren't any speed limits; It almost seems like a waste sometimes. The traction control is superb in the snow - if you know how to drive in the snow.

Love & Hate
By kevlexus10 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

This is the most fun car i've ever driven. Great performance and handling. Hugs the curves and rides like a dream on the open highway. But MAN !!! was I in for a surprise when it came to the repairs. Way too costly to maintain. And didn't expect the engine to go out at 100K. Good thing BMW fixed that problem quick. Get the engine checked if you plan on getting a '95 ($7,000-$10,000).

So sweet
By Hxciter on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car from my Dad, he bought it new, so I know the history. It has 63,000 miles and feels as tight as the day he took it home, quality is awesome, down to the door sounding solid when shut, and even how rigid the turn signal lever feels. You cant put this stuff into words until you drive this thing. Quiet on the inside, the heated seats heat up 3x as fast as my new 2003 expedition, and for a hog of a car it does move out. Love the way the engine sounds too. Not one single complaint. (although I have yet to have major maintenace work done yet, so I am unfamiliar with the cost of repairs. i.e. brakes, etc.)

Excellent Car with minor issues.
By Rolly64 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, lots of room and plenty of power. My issues is the rear shade not working and needs to be replaced (according to dealer) and the passenger side view mirror does not move when you go to reverse. So, do I get them fix for over $1,000 or leave it alone?