1995 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Rocket on 4 wheels
By Mike on 01/16/09 16:14 PM (PST)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 740IL 2 years ago (my fav.car) to give to my wife. She and I are in love with this car. I can't speak more highly about the workmanship, the quality and the performance. The power of the V8 is extremely impressive and the sound it makes when you take a Mustang, Camaro, or even a Corvette off the line leaves them wondering what just happened to them. As of now we own 2 Bimmers the 95 740il and a 95 525i, these are our two favorite cars out of the 9 we own. With all of the said we have had to replace many parts and as of right now the 7 has to go in the shop due to the fact it will not start or even turn over, But I still love the car.

Want a convertible, but can't let go!
By RJ on 09/27/07 00:20 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is definitely a one of a kind! Almost 2 yrs now I've owned this devil of a car. I love it so much; I cannot buy the convertible I really want. Has 290,000 miles on it, but looks practically showroom condition. Sure it costs money at the shop, but if you want cheap repairs, buy a cheap car. This is a top of the line automobile; the difference between living in a mansion or being satisfied with less.

Not worth it!
By Jbmw5 on 05/04/05 02:05 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

After having numerous BMWs from different segments (3, 5 series) I decided to move up to the flagship: the 7 series. I should have realized before buying the car that there would be problems. The engine was just replaced by BMW b/c of a recall. I bought it with 36,000 miles and a warranty on the engine. However, 3 months after having the car the transmission failed! It costs me $5,000 for a rebuilt tranny and another $1200 to install it. The car was an electrical nightmare! I spent over $1,000 in just the electrical failures (windows, moonroof, seats switches) Although, it was fun to drive the costs of maintenance is not worth it. Stick with the 3 and 5 series!

Not Up the Mark
By alg863 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

The BMW is called the Ultimate Driving Machine but the fine print should be "Between Frequent Trips to the Shop". We spent $12000 (yes, twelve thousand) in repairs in about 2.5 years on this car. We had the car for 5 years between 48K miles and 82K miles. Even during the warranty period the car had several problems. It had to be towed twice to the shop. In the end I lost confidence in the car and traded it immediately after spending almost $1500 in repairs. As a luxury car, it was not great. The automatic climate control was not up the mark - generating hot and cold air randomly. Even dealer experience was poor - nothing compared to Lexus.

So sweet
By Hxciter on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car from my Dad, he bought it new, so I know the history. It has 63,000 miles and feels as tight as the day he took it home, quality is awesome, down to the door sounding solid when shut, and even how rigid the turn signal lever feels. You cant put this stuff into words until you drive this thing. Quiet on the inside, the heated seats heat up 3x as fast as my new 2003 expedition, and for a hog of a car it does move out. Love the way the engine sounds too. Not one single complaint. (although I have yet to have major maintenace work done yet, so I am unfamiliar with the cost of repairs. i.e. brakes, etc.)

Excellent Car with minor issues.
By Rolly64 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive, lots of room and plenty of power. My issues is the rear shade not working and needs to be replaced (according to dealer) and the passenger side view mirror does not move when you go to reverse. So, do I get them fix for over $1,000 or leave it alone?