a car built the way it aughta be
By Krash on
1994 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan
I'm totally in love with this car. Driving has never been such a pleasure - or this comfortable. You could drive for seven hours straight, and still feel great. The ride is incredibly smooth. BMW has made the 740i with no wasted space - intelligent use of every inch. Car handles much better in 4th gear (sports handling) - noted some rear end slip in normal drive gear (economy). Managed to find a beemer with rear headrests (my kids are tall) - very rare in most models. Not cheap to maintain, but neither were my last three Volvos. Worth the money. I'm told this car will easily go to 300,000 miles, if well maintained. Life is good.
Favorite Features
On-dash computer with 'code' (lockout of engine functioning, even with the key, until you re-input the code); plus avg. mpg/mph calculator. Rear passenger air vents. Storage in every door armrest. Seats adjust beyond belief. Tons of leg room, even w/ front seats far back.
Suggested Improvements
Desperately needs cupholders. Rear seat could fold down when lengthy storage is needed. Steering wheel is too skinny.