1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Built to last
By TF on 05/23/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I drove this 94 old body 740il from 130,000 to 170,000 with no issues. The body and finish look new (thanks BMW). The chrome perfect. Body rubber is pliable. Plastic door handle seals and BMW badge aging are the only blemish - both cheap replacements. Fuel economy is still 24 mpg on the highway - unreal for a 14 y V8. Build product quality on this 740il is superior to the 200x year MBs I shop for. I run 10% ethanol without a problem at 148 mph - no problem - it was in its element. Starts immediately - engine is smooth and quiet. Parts prices are not high and low maintenance you can do all yourself. Best car ever made? It just might be.

It's the ultimate driving machine
By ryan on 04/25/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used with a mileage of 75,000. This is the best car I have ever had. I love to drive this car especially on freeways because it have a lot of power in it. It's very comfortable to drive no matter how far your going. I love the engine its very reponsive, have a lot of power and very quiet. I love the looks, the projector headlamps to the roller sunblinds. This is the best BMW 7 series ever made.

94 740iL
By pogi on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

very reliable,I only bring it to the dealer for regular service.The ride is very comfortable, engine is very quiet.Suspension is very good.

Be aware of engine trouble
By Unpleasant Surprise on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

I like the car a lot, but this one (year and model)is susceptible to an engine problem created by certain additives in US gasoline. The additives pit the cylinders. The engine needs to be replaced and is not fully covered by BMW.

just the best
By pace on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan

this is the most awsome vehicle i have ever owned. Its a bit slow off the line but onece its moving (hold on) drives and handles like its glued to the road If you can afford to maintain and repair this beast it is truly the ultimate driving machine this one has 145000 miles and still looks new