1993 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
I love my Big Grey Bomber
By mrduck1 on 01/18/12 18:33 PM (PST)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed a wonderful 17 yr relationship with this 20-year old car. Purchased with 40k mi for $35k back in 1995. I've spent $40k since then maintaining. So when they say your purchase of a 7-series is just the beginning they're not kidding. You should locate a trustworthy independent BMW technician before you buy used. Nevertheless, at 230k mi it continues to deliver a great driving performance... 90+ mph feels like it's on a rail and could easily go faster. Wherever I go people comment on how good it looks.

Wow factor!
By dave on 06/05/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd BMW. Having owned 2 6-series in the past I wanted a big sedan to haul the family and clients. This was a cream puff with only 78000 miles after 13 years and has been very dependable and comfortable. I have replaced the front brakes and driveline as both were causing vibration and now it's as smooth as silk. Perfect blend of luxury and performance. I have installed aftermarket wheels and performance tires which made a big difference. 25 mph corners at 65 mph NO PROBLEM! 0-60 in a blink and I still get 19 mpg in all around driving. I had it detailed recently and it looks like new. I love this car!

A rare luxury Sedan thats underated
By philly350zr on 04/09/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I have owned this Classic since Aug 2005 and I confess I've spent 7800.00 restoring her to greatness. These are some of the best engineered cars in the world. The car is almost 15 years old and it still turns heads and performs close to the way it did when it came from the factory. This was the last year that these cars were hand made and designed by engineers and not the marketing guru like today's BMW. It has a strong road feel and power to burn when you need it. It hugs the open road and if you don't have a heavy foot I can get 25 miles on the highway doing 70 MPH. Maintenance must be done on a regular basis and parts are not cheap but this 7 series is a true driver's car.

Support your local 740
By David Rosa on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I really like this automobile. The engine is about right for the size and weight. By the way at 4200lbs it is similiar in weight to my 91 50ft long caddy. I love the ajustable seats that heat up, and the leg rm in back is endless, maybe a 500 series will be plenty next time. Great ride and drive. Love the sun roof on a shaded road. I plan to keep this one for a while. Only real draw back, the dealer and their repair and parts prices. My foreign born mechanic as saved me several occassions. Wheres the cup holder?

Excellent Overall Sedan
By WCB on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

It has been a Great car. Comfortable, powerful, reliable..What else could you want...well, the styling is a bit conservative for my taste. The regular service maintanences are not cheap, about $300 for Level 1 and $650 for Level 2. I have changed the oil every 3,000. The only repair I've had is a Water pump was leaking, cost to replace $400. Its a big, smooth car, that's gets 23mpg highway and 19 city. The interior is very high quality with a stereo to match. If you can find one that has had only 1-2 owners, has full service records...buy it...you'll love it.

Ronbimmer
By RYou on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I would not buy another BMW without manufacturer or extended warranty.. Items that fail are out of site on expense. Examples: Catalytic Converters $ 3500 Examples: Power Steering Pump $ 1500 Other items equally expensive, and this does not cover labor to install. Car has alignment problem inherent to BMW this model, The Rear has no adjustments and wears out the inside of the left rear tire with everything else ok.. I have changed 4 left rear tires, and BMW says, "it's not our problem", also BMW Dealer charged for 4-wheel alignment when there is only a 2 wheel alignment according to factory specs. There are NO adjustments in the rear.