2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
Awesome
By nautictalk on 02/29/12 08:09 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I currently own a 750il and a Range Rover Supercharged. And I have had other vehicles like the Mercedes 320CLK convertible. But I must say, next to the RR, the new 650 convertible is the best car I have ever owned. I wanted the 2011 model, but felt it was just a tad too small for me. But the enlarged the new model signficantly and redesigned many signficant features. It drives like a big car and a sports car. Its sexy and really fun to drive. Very fast and love the rumble of the exhaust. The app option is great as I can listen to Pandora on my iPhone Very fast. And if you set the ride to comfort, it drives smooth and comfy. More so than the 750i. I highly recommend this car.

Thoroughly Impressed!
By porsche_05 on 01/06/12 06:49 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my M3 convertible and purchased the 2012 650i. I went with the M3 in 2008 because the design of the previous model was just not to my taste but the 2012 model definitely turns heads. The 650 isn’t the sports car the M3 was, but it more than makes it up in comfort and design. Don’t get me wrong, the 4.4-liter, 32-valve 400-hp V-8 engine with TwinPower Turbo is plenty enough for any road in the US (excluding race tracks) for most drivers and enthusiasts. It is definitely a great balance of power, performance, gadgetry, and style. Much better than the previous model.

2012 BMW 650 M Sport
By bandt on 12/06/11 13:35 PM (PST)

2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I owned a 2009 650 convertible for three year and never had a second's trouble with it. I now have a 2012 650 convertible with M Sport and the Bang and Olfsen sound system. This is the most amazing car that I have ever owned. The power is unreal, it can float across potholes (in Comfort + mode) or feel as connected to the road as the old M6. It is stunning to look at, especially in white, but the best part about the car is the new Bang sound system. It is crystal clear and LOUD enough to shake your clothes. You can describe it. You have to hear it. I'm sorry about the post above that had a problem in the rain. So far, mine is better than my first one.

The 2012 BMW 650i is UNSAFE to drive in a thunderstorm.
By donotbuybmw on 09/13/11 08:53 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2012 BMW 650i is UNSAFE to drive in a thunderstorm. I was driving North on Interstate 95 in the left lane at approximately 70 mph when I observed lightning strike about 200 feet ahead of me and to the right of the road. Almost all electrical functionality ceased operation immediately, including the engine and the power steering. Dozens of cars closer to the lightning than me were unaffected. The car has been in the BMW repair shop since July 22, 2011 (53 days and counting). Lightning did NOT strike the car. I observed and heard only one flash and thunderclap. The cloth convertible top is in pristine condition.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW 6 Series Convertible in VA is:

$217 per month*