Used 2012 BMW 6 Series 650i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Awesome
By nautictalk

2012 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I currently own a 750il and a Range Rover Supercharged. And I have had other vehicles like the Mercedes 320CLK convertible. But I must say, next to the RR, the new 650 convertible is the best car I have ever owned. I wanted the 2011 model, but felt it was just a tad too small for me. But the enlarged the new model signficantly and redesigned many signficant features. It drives like a big car and a sports car. Its sexy and really fun to drive. Very fast and love the rumble of the exhaust. The app option is great as I can listen to Pandora on my iPhone Very fast. And if you set the ride to comfort, it drives smooth and comfy. More so than the 750i. I highly recommend this car.

App option, big trunk, exhaust sound, size, design

It would be nice if you could access other informative iPhone apps.

Thoroughly Impressed!
By porsche_05

2012 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my M3 convertible and purchased the 2012 650i. I went with the M3 in 2008 because the design of the previous model was just not to my taste but the 2012 model definitely turns heads. The 650 isnít the sports car the M3 was, but it more than makes it up in comfort and design. Donít get me wrong, the 4.4-liter, 32-valve 400-hp V-8 engine with TwinPower Turbo is plenty enough for any road in the US (excluding race tracks) for most drivers and enthusiasts. It is definitely a great balance of power, performance, gadgetry, and style. Much better than the previous model.

Esthetics. It just looks good.

Hard Top Convertible

The 2012 BMW 650i is UNSAFE to drive in a thunderstorm.
By donotbuybmw

2012 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2012 BMW 650i is UNSAFE to drive in a thunderstorm. I was driving North on Interstate 95 in the left lane at approximately 70 mph when I observed lightning strike about 200 feet ahead of me and to the right of the road. Almost all electrical functionality ceased operation immediately, including the engine and the power steering. Dozens of cars closer to the lightning than me were unaffected. The car has been in the BMW repair shop since July 22, 2011 (53 days and counting). Lightning did NOT strike the car. I observed and heard only one flash and thunderclap. The cloth convertible top is in pristine condition.

convertible top

Design electronics to withstand everyday driving conditions in Florida. The BMW website says: "There is no end to our quest for the next innovation. And it's not just about greater power and more efficient performance. It's also about safety. We prepare our vehicles to expect the unexpected." BMW needs to also prepare their vehicles for the EXPECTED.