2008 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
Headsup Fabulous
By Carmelcarol on 04/22/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is one sweet automobile. So responsive, amazing comfort in the driver's seat ( great lumbar and head support). And the headsup display is invaluable - what a car. Can't wait to really get it on the road for a trip. Love it, love it, love it.

650 convertible 2008
By AMM on 04/02/09 00:01 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I had the 650 for 12 months and I regret getting it: Too much money for what you get. I paid $90K+, includes: conv, auto, sports pckg, head-up display is an absolutely stupid option, convenience key is not necessary and HD radio that never worked right; dealer said it works best in the city but not in the suburbs where I live, thx and heated seats. I could have gotten a better car for $90K or a great car at a much lower price but not $90K+ for 360 HP. This is my 3rd BMW; I have a 01-740i and a 05-330cic; both are great but the 650 at this price level is a disappointment, not only in lack of HP but in technology/computer etc. Take your time, compare and shop wisely before you commit to a 650.

Fun to Drive
By Stuboat on 12/25/08 06:11 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have had lots of cars in my life, including MBs, other BMWs, a Porsche but none have been more fun to drive or more luxurious. The 6spd manual is terrific and the sport mode just adds a little more sports car feel. The iDrive complaints I've heard don't register with me. In less than a day, my phone was working with bt, I was using voice commands and the navigation system. This car is a head turner and all the gadgets are fun to play with, including the convertible top. I also like the throaty sound, especially in sports mode. There is no question that the backseat is next to useless but I intend to use this car as a two-seater any way.

What a beauty
By Frank Black on 09/10/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far my favorite car. The handling and power are outstanding. With the top dropped, my passion for driving fast can be fully realized. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who enjoys open air driving.

What a Kick
By Eric Corkhill on 07/24/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Got an '08 Sapphire Black convertible with saddle leather. Awesome to drive. Extremely responsive steering and brakes. Doesn't feel like the heavy car that it is. Ample power and acceleration through all gears although could be quicker off the line. First time user of iDrive and find it to be much more intuitive then car magazine editor's complaints. Fuel economy is better then expected. Getting 26+ mpg on highways with 18 in city driving. Interior noise is also better then expected. The back panel window really cuts down on both noise and turbulence. Only complaint is that the rear speakers seem to be under amped and some navigational clumsiness between iDrive commands.

Can't believe it is mine
By diane nushawg on 05/31/08 00:50 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Custom made for me, in Germany this year. It is truly beautiful. I ordered the saddle color seats. It is truly the best choice in convertibles and when the top is up and your on the highway so quiet you think you are in a hardtop.

You Won't Regret it!
By Soldes on 03/19/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Agonized many a times about spending this kind of $ for a car. After 1 week of driving it, this machine is worth every dollar, not only in its performance and peerless handling, but in the way it makes you feel when you are behind the wheel. Extreme luxury, awsome handle, superb sports performance, plus the WOW! factor; all in one package.

Beautiful Car
By rasvegas on 01/03/08 11:38 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I haven't owned a convertible in years so I thought it was time. I added the sport package, upgraded sound system and 21" chrome wheels. The car is stunning. I get comments and looks constantly, especially when the top is down. There is still not enough storage space inside the vehicle. Glove box is small, center console storage is small. Owner's manual(s) don't even fit in the glove box. There are no cupholders in the front. But for styling, power, comfort, and electronic amenities, this is a great car. This is a true driver's car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.