Used 2008 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Born to run
By L G

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

If you ever felt like you owe yourself perfection in a car , this is the one for you ! Nicest ride I've ever owned. I've owner infinities , Lexus, and corvettes ! But far the best overal rise on the planet !

Headsup Fabulous
By Carmelcarol

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is one sweet automobile. So responsive, amazing comfort in the driver's seat ( great lumbar and head support). And the headsup display is invaluable - what a car. Can't wait to really get it on the road for a trip. Love it, love it, love it.

the whole thing, period.

Make the seat extension automatic, elimination that awkward drop off area that catches sand, whatever.

650 convertible 2008
By AMM

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I had the 650 for 12 months and I regret getting it: Too much money for what you get. I paid $90K+, includes: conv, auto, sports pckg, head-up display is an absolutely stupid option, convenience key is not necessary and HD radio that never worked right; dealer said it works best in the city but not in the suburbs where I live, thx and heated seats. I could have gotten a better car for $90K or a great car at a much lower price but not $90K+ for 360 HP. This is my 3rd BMW; I have a 01-740i and a 05-330cic; both are great but the 650 at this price level is a disappointment, not only in lack of HP but in technology/computer etc. Take your time, compare and shop wisely before you commit to a 650.

Excellent road handling, responsive and feels glued to the road.

Computer/Engine Technology adjustable to driver's habit is nonsense if the car can't shift gears and gets confused at a tiny climb/20 degrees - GPS Headup display is truly useless - HD Radio: Discontinue it - Paddle shifters: Waste of space - Insanely a gas guzzler - Lower the price tag

Fun to Drive
By Stuboat

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have had lots of cars in my life, including MBs, other BMWs, a Porsche but none have been more fun to drive or more luxurious. The 6spd manual is terrific and the sport mode just adds a little more sports car feel. The iDrive complaints I've heard don't register with me. In less than a day, my phone was working with bt, I was using voice commands and the navigation system. This car is a head turner and all the gadgets are fun to play with, including the convertible top. I also like the throaty sound, especially in sports mode. There is no question that the backseat is next to useless but I intend to use this car as a two-seater any way.

6spd manual, convertible top, overall look, iDrive, comfortable front seats, luxurious interior, voice commands, driveability, adjustable trunk space when top is up.

More interior storage space since glove compartment is very small and so is center console.

What a beauty
By Frank Black

2008 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is by far my favorite car. The handling and power are outstanding. With the top dropped, my passion for driving fast can be fully realized. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who enjoys open air driving.

Heads up display is a feature I thought was useless... until I found myself doing 100+ without realizing it.

The paddle shifters can be a problem if you are clumsy.