2007 BMW 6 Series Consumer Review: Fun everyday

2007 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Review

650i Coupe (4.8L V8 6-speed Manual)

Fun everyday
By jspeith on

2007 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have put about 2000 miles on this car in a month. This car begs to be driven hard. It does everything asked of it and more. The gurgle of the engine is the sweetest sound I've heard. It has added a smile to my face everyday since I bought it. Pure fun. The car is extremely comfortable for two, tolerable for four. It is extremely smooth. Handling is superb especially in sport mode. It corners like it's on rails. The best display of power is between 60 and 100 mph. I was a little hesitant to buy a car with such a haughty image in a fairly conservative Midwest town but after driving it I don't care what anyone thinks. This thing is heaven on wheels!

The cabin with the top up is as quiet as any hard top. The top drops with ease in seconds and accentuates the beautiful sound of the engine and exhaust. The seats are extremely comfortable, the steering is precise and responsive. Idrive is a little slow to respond at times but nav is good, stereo is excellent and the features are all easily reached with a little practice. Exterior look of the car is great and gets better the more you look at it. Many second looks and comments.

Auto start would be nice. Idrive improvements in new model I understand has improved considerably. Overall no complaints.