2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

650i 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Take a second look at me!
By Barb on 09/04/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have now owned my 2007 650i convertible for 8 months. Being a longstanding BMW enthusiast, I traded in my 2004 M3 convertible, a car that I truly loved. With the 650i, you get M3 neck-snapping acceleration with a more luxurious ride and interior. The iDrive, although a pain at first, is actually pretty neat. Go for the options: nav, Sirius, comfort access, bigger tires. What's a few extra bucks at this point? This car will make everyone take a second look, especially when you're effortlessly passing them at 110 mph. This Beauty is a Beast!

Muscle Mania!
By Michael on 07/29/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a hot rod with the comforts of the 750i. I look forward to waking every morning and driving this car... great fun.

This car has far exceeded my expectation!
By W Broussard on 06/04/07 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The second day I drove this car down a two lane road with the top down listining to the purr of the engine I was filled with satisfaction that I'd made the right choice. WOW! What a beast.

Previous Porsche owner's observations
By dazeahead on 05/03/07 13:06 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Unmistakable German engineering. Handling excellent for a car this size, but not as easy to corner aggressively as with a 911 and its "oversteer" which makes any turn at any speed effortless. This is more a touring car and less a sports car. Very comfortable and manageable interior. The iDrive is very easy to learn and use. Sport package, comfort access and heads-up (I do not have HUD) a must. You can't see the speedometer or tach when cornering which is a distraction when pressing the car around turns. Overall a very impressive and formidable automobile. Not quite the Ultimate Driving Machine, but an excellent stand-in. A 911 is a 911, period.

Awesome on the Autobahn
By Chuck on 03/23/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Drove it on the Autobahn after European delivery in Munich all the way to Vienna - awesome power, handling and comfort. Navigation and heads up display took me right to my Vienna hotel. Car is great fun to drive and a real head turner - would strongly recommend 3/4 hours with the iDrive manual in order to fully appreciate it, particularly if used in conjunction with the steering wheel controls. Trunk handles two golf bags and rear seat is definitely functional. Heads up display and sports package a must as is upgraded stereo system. Very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this vehicle and also the European Delivery program - BMW does it right.

This IS the Ultimate Driving Machine!!
By CrisFlip on 02/05/07 01:09 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW 650i I had purchased 2/2/2007. I traded my 2006 650i coupe for a 2007 650i convertible. Since the sun roof did not slide back on the coupe I got the convertible instead. I am very happy and pleased with the convertible. This car has the perfect package: comfort, luxury, handling, performance, agility, and beauty inside & out. The color of mine is Alpine white with the new upgraded leather beige. Mine came fully equipped with all options except HD radio, which you cannot have if you have the real-time traffic for the navigation. This is an awesome feature to have. iDrive is not difficult to use, as long as you are willing to learn! People stop complaining!!

One week old
By lannyger on 11/25/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2007 650i convertible one week ago and here are my initial comments. The iDrive was easier to learn then I expected and, though working, the radio is certainly more complicated then having a couple of buttons, still the iDrive gives you access to many sophisticated features. That said, my wife, who owns a 2002 BMW 535, will not replace that car with another BMW if it has an iDrive which is too complex for her to operate.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.