2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

650i 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )
Fun everyday
By jspeith on 03/08/11 20:02 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have put about 2000 miles on this car in a month. This car begs to be driven hard. It does everything asked of it and more. The gurgle of the engine is the sweetest sound I've heard. It has added a smile to my face everyday since I bought it. Pure fun. The car is extremely comfortable for two, tolerable for four. It is extremely smooth. Handling is superb especially in sport mode. It corners like it's on rails. The best display of power is between 60 and 100 mph. I was a little hesitant to buy a car with such a haughty image in a fairly conservative Midwest town but after driving it I don't care what anyone thinks. This thing is heaven on wheels!

Convertable Top
By whitford on 02/08/11 18:29 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 650i in 9/16/2009 with 3864 miles at a reasonable price.I now have 24,500 miles on it. I love the cars looks, styling and driveablilty. My problem is the convertable top censor. I have had it to the dealership and they have been great, but they cannot find out what is causing the problem. I have had it to the dealer on at least five separate occasions, it works for a while and then the sensor shows the top is not closed properly. It started again today. Any ideas. I want to keep the car but I think I have a lemon.

Smooth and Powerful Convertible!
By GregB on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the convertible three weeks ago and after 1500 miles I have to say that this is one sweet and powerful performance machine. Around the city, the gearing and torque make the ride seamless, and on the highway the car has a blacktop-eating ride that wants to run much faster than the law allows. Very happy with my CPO purchase - the car had depreciated $50K+ in three years, so with the extended CPO warranty to 100K miles and with BMW NA including free no-cost maintenance out to 100K miles as a sales incentive, it also fits the bill from a value standpoint. sweet convertible that gets many a look

Rear suspention problems
By Viken on 08/05/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Overall is a great car don't get me wrong. im been an BMW enthusiast for years but the dealer can't fix the wear of the rear tires on the inside. They want me to do alignment and put new set of tires at 22000 miles at my expense! Thats the reason i purchased a $80,000 car on the first place, insane.

Unlike any other car....
By Jay V. on 02/20/09 15:58 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I looked at every "similar" vehicle - Porsche 911 and Cayman, SL-Class - but just couldn't find the right fit. I am so pleased with my decision! The car has enough "sporty-ness" to feel like a performance car, but without the harshness or diminutive stature of so many other "sports cars" (I'm 6'3" and 250 lbs). To say that it is in a class of its own is too trite, but there really isn't anything comparable. Thus far it's been a whole lot of fun. I'll let you know what long-term ownership is like.

Exceptional Car
By Jonathan on 11/22/08 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

For months I had been test-driving different cars looking for "the one." Porsche 911, BMW 335i and 135i, Mini, Audi and even the Volvo C70. In my opinion, nothing else comes close in terms of the whole package. This is a sexy car that flies, turns and brakes on command. I just came out of a 530i and at 6'00, 250 lbs., I am more comfortable in the 650i. Smooth and quiet, powerful yet reserved -- until summoned.

BMW 650i overrated
By Mike on 07/12/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The BMW 650i is not what I expected. This is NOT a sports car. It is an overpriced "sporty" sedan. The manual transmission is awful. The navigation system is worse. The car handles well for a sedan. Acceleration from zero is not great, but it does have a great deal of power from 30 mph to 100 mph

Fabulous!
By Lin on 06/01/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned a lot of great cars (i.e. Porsches, BMW M3s, etc.) but this car is the "complete package". The styling is gorgeous, great performance, superb handling and decent mileage for a V8! And if that's not enough, it's a convertible with 1 button control. I love this car!

Over rated
By M Grant on 03/08/08 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is NOT a sports car. It is a "sporty" two-sedan. The manual transmission is very disappointing. The car corners well, but is not very quick 0-60 mpg. However, it does well getting on the freeway (30-70mph) It does not compare very favorably to a 911 Porsche, but it competes well with the SL 500 Mercedes.

Mile eater
By Daniel on 10/17/07 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a great touring vehicle. Very refined, comfortable and easy to gain speed. In a sense, this car is too good for American roads as it truly comes to its life and purpose at 130-150 mph, which is absolutely illegal in states. It effectively replaces a small airplane in Europe and loses much of its value stateside.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.