The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Concorde99 on
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)
In January, I traded a 1996 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet for the BMW 650 C Convertible. This was the first vehicle that had the WOW factor for me since the Porsche. BMW does a much better job with both interior and exterior finish than BMW, has a better warranty, better service, and now has built a coupe that handles as well as the Porsche. The upgraded sound system blows you away and the car is teaching me how to use voice commands. I'm learning. Steering is responsive, acceleration is as good as the 96 Porsche, it is more comfortable than the BMW X-5 I own and I can't find anything BMW has left out. GREAT AUTOMOBILE!! If you can afford own, buy it.
Favorite Features
Believe it or not, the iDrive and the steering. Every control and system is at your fingertips. Perhaps my II background makes it easier for me. Some owners might find it difficult. The styling is a head turner. People stop to look at the vehicle, even in my parking garage. Green with envy.
Suggested Improvements
Accepting the fact that the iDrive should not be used while driving EVERY time you start the vehicle is as annoying as the seatbelt demonstration on an airplane. Once is enough. After 1000 miles and two months, I can't think on anything that could be done better. This is the ultimate in luxury.