Close to Perfect
By DrChrisHall on
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)
I bought this car because I wanted to know what it was like to drive on the autobahns of Germany at speeds they were intended for, and the 650i lets me do that. I haven't had to pull over to the right lane for anyone yet. The acceleration, whether starting from a stop or at 100 mph, pulls you into the back of your seat. Merging and passing is effortless. The car grips the road at top speed (157 mph), around corners, or even on wet surfaces. It makes you feel almost too safe..... I used to be a Mercedes guy, but I have definitely switched. This car drives so nicely and smoothly, has such a simple elegance inside, and turns heads because of its awesome exterior. I am 100% satisfied!
Favorite Features
Bluetooth phone system works nicely. iDrive is great, keeping the dashboard simple and uncluttered. Not as user- friendly as it can be, but you get used to it. DTC is outstanding, sometimes annoyingly so-you have to turn it off to play around a bit sometimes. iPod software is coming. FAST!
Suggested Improvements
Difficult to read upper speedometer/odometer values due to steering wheel position. Backseat is not big, but once you are seated, the seats are actually comfortable! Only a two year warranty in Europe. Not good in snow, but that is not why you buy a car like this!