Incredible value
By adp on
2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)
I got my 650i convertible with most options in mid-June and it was delivered flawless and has been flawless in the first 2000 miles. The iDrive is easy to use, although boot-up sometimes takes a while. A few minutes with the manuals is worth the time. The 650 is very well balanced and after break-in seems to get better mileage and has better response. I have owned more expensive cars that do not come close to this one dynamically or stylistically . It is not the fastest car, but it is fast enough for me. Lots of compliments on the design. When compared to cars costing over $20000 more the 650 comes out on top, IMO.
Favorite Features
Well balanced, excellent power response, especially in Sport mode, styling, driving position is excpetionally good, although top-up visibility to the rear quarters requires full attention. The head-up display is a surprisingly helpful invention and is a must option. Sound system is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
More memory for iDrive to speed its operation. Electrically folding ext. rear view mirrors and electrically asisted soft-close feature for doors would be nice.