2006 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
The most amazing car to drive
By Elle R, on 04/16/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car has it all: amazing power (360 hp), exceptionally comfortable seating, ever bell and whistle (every single one!), sexy exterior, and it's a convertible. You will love it... I certainly do!

Close to Perfect
By DrChrisHall on 04/09/06 03:48 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I wanted to know what it was like to drive on the autobahns of Germany at speeds they were intended for, and the 650i lets me do that. I haven't had to pull over to the right lane for anyone yet. The acceleration, whether starting from a stop or at 100 mph, pulls you into the back of your seat. Merging and passing is effortless. The car grips the road at top speed (157 mph), around corners, or even on wet surfaces. It makes you feel almost too safe..... I used to be a Mercedes guy, but I have definitely switched. This car drives so nicely and smoothly, has such a simple elegance inside, and turns heads because of its awesome exterior. I am 100% satisfied!

What a rush
By jrsatty on 04/04/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

From the moment I got in, it was and is an experience I look forward to every time I use the car. My only two complaints are 1) the seatbelt is uncomfortable (what one isn't) 2) A slight hesitation off the line. Otherwise an exhilarating and awesome experience.

Overall Excellent
By michael on 04/01/06 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

As cars come and go -- and for me there have been many -- this one ranks at the top with my Porsche. Far surpasses the Mercedes CLK430 that it replaced.

BMW Engineering at it's finest
By Cameron on 03/13/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've had quite a few cars. I test drove the 650 and was instantly sold. The performance is stellar, the handling amazing. This car does everything right. The people that complain about the iDrive, haven't used it or taken the time to learn. I had it down within a couple of days and appreciate the simplicity. BMW has won me over, I don't know what took me so long!

Dream Machine
By RinManhattanBeach on 03/03/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Without a doubt, the BMW 650i is the hottest car I've ever driven. You just have to be careful about your speed because as you step on it, you can't feel anything shift... it literally glides from gear to gear like no other car I've driven. I see tickets in my future and I'm not talking about the ones for a show. I had concerns about the iDrive, but I found it pretty intuitive to use and I'm getting more comfy with the voice commands. All in all, the car is a beautifully tuned machine. The front end of the car is a lot prettier in view than the back end. But then the "not so pretty" back end gives the car a hint of less pretentiousnes with a really big trunk.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Concorde99 on 02/27/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

In January, I traded a 1996 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet for the BMW 650 C Convertible. This was the first vehicle that had the WOW factor for me since the Porsche. BMW does a much better job with both interior and exterior finish than BMW, has a better warranty, better service, and now has built a coupe that handles as well as the Porsche. The upgraded sound system blows you away and the car is teaching me how to use voice commands. I'm learning. Steering is responsive, acceleration is as good as the 96 Porsche, it is more comfortable than the BMW X-5 I own and I can't find anything BMW has left out. GREAT AUTOMOBILE!! If you can afford own, buy it.

Best Luxury Sport Convertible
By Jack B on 01/30/06 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This by far is the best vehicle I have driven, and the best looking. I have had the Nissan 300z turbo and test drove the new Mercedes CLS and the SL 500, there is no comparison the performance and luxury you get with the 650I. The iDrive was confusing until I took about two hours to learn it while parked in my driveway and now it is easy. The voice commands also eliminates a lot of manual functions that comes with the iDrive.

I love it (but!!)
By tom on 01/08/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best operating and driving car I have ever owned. My only beef is that BMW forces the iDrive which is at very best dificult to operate. I have been in DP fof 30 years and I struggle with it. The dealers and the consumer service folks are nice but don't understand the iDrive either - I would pay extra to have the car without it!

First Month Review
By E. Unger on 01/05/06 03:05 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Overall this car has been great fun to drive--a great performer with solid construction. The big V8 provides ample acceleration to dust away those pesky Mustangs. The interior treats the driver and a single passenger to indulgent comfort, but back seat passenger = contortionist. Style, comfort, acceleration, fit and finish all get high marks. Less impressive is BMW's implementation of the iDrive interface, with special admonishment for the MP3 system's inadequate display of song information. Stalwart critics of the Bangle Butt have a point, but are typically so far behind me in traffic that I can't hear them. This is a car that demands attention while putting the driver in command.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.