2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

650i 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
Best of the Best
By Jean on 06/03/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is top notch ! After evaluating several convertibles and fun cars and considering the BMW 7 series (there isn't a convertible) I chose the 650 convertible and haven't been sorry !! The POWER is incredible, the looks I get driving it and the special fun of driving with the top down ! GREAT GREAT GREAT car ! Love the voice commands !! J.

Great car... but
By JpAus on 05/31/06 16:22 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Car is a great blend of luxury and performance. It is really a great driver's car able to do the commute as well as the weekend get away. Trunk is small with top down, but still fits golf bags. Don't get this car if you don't like to draw attention to yourself. Am always having people come over and talk to me about how the car looks.

Gonna Love It
By Juan on 05/17/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This a sporty car, very confortable for 2 passengers. Lots of power, Stupendous handling. Sound system its great.

The most amazing car to drive
By Elle R, on 04/16/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car has it all: amazing power (360 hp), exceptionally comfortable seating, ever bell and whistle (every single one!), sexy exterior, and it's a convertible. You will love it... I certainly do!

What a rush
By jrsatty on 04/04/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

From the moment I got in, it was and is an experience I look forward to every time I use the car. My only two complaints are 1) the seatbelt is uncomfortable (what one isn't) 2) A slight hesitation off the line. Otherwise an exhilarating and awesome experience.

Overall Excellent
By michael on 04/01/06 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

As cars come and go -- and for me there have been many -- this one ranks at the top with my Porsche. Far surpasses the Mercedes CLK430 that it replaced.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Concorde99 on 02/27/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

In January, I traded a 1996 Porsche 911 C4 Cabriolet for the BMW 650 C Convertible. This was the first vehicle that had the WOW factor for me since the Porsche. BMW does a much better job with both interior and exterior finish than BMW, has a better warranty, better service, and now has built a coupe that handles as well as the Porsche. The upgraded sound system blows you away and the car is teaching me how to use voice commands. I'm learning. Steering is responsive, acceleration is as good as the 96 Porsche, it is more comfortable than the BMW X-5 I own and I can't find anything BMW has left out. GREAT AUTOMOBILE!! If you can afford own, buy it.

Best Luxury Sport Convertible
By Jack B on 01/30/06 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This by far is the best vehicle I have driven, and the best looking. I have had the Nissan 300z turbo and test drove the new Mercedes CLS and the SL 500, there is no comparison the performance and luxury you get with the 650I. The iDrive was confusing until I took about two hours to learn it while parked in my driveway and now it is easy. The voice commands also eliminates a lot of manual functions that comes with the iDrive.

I love it (but!!)
By tom on 01/08/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best operating and driving car I have ever owned. My only beef is that BMW forces the iDrive which is at very best dificult to operate. I have been in DP fof 30 years and I struggle with it. The dealers and the consumer service folks are nice but don't understand the iDrive either - I would pay extra to have the car without it!

650i BMW Convertible
By TERRY C on 12/19/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I have been used to Mercedes since 1985 and fine this a fun car to drive. Needs some help in the rear seat area. Also needs touch screen when using your bluetooth phone. Passenger side needs memory seats. The "I" (information) button and screen are a little confusing and you have to be careful using it when driving. I did not get the head up option and that would be helpful using the navigation screen and the "I" system

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.