Used 2006 BMW 6 Series 650i Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

To Live For
By Henry

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just knew on the day that I test-drove both the coupe and the convertible that I was going to get my own coupe. The look says: That's right, I am mean. You insert the key and you hear that aggressive rumble in the back. You press on the throttle a couple of times and you realized that you've been smiling like an idiot. Depress the traction control and activate the Sport button and the car takes off likes hell on wheels. Find a loop and keep pushing against the curb -never touch the brakes- and you'll feel like you are ready for NASCAR. All the while, people will try to catch up with you so they can give you the "thumbs up". The car makes you want to drive while making you look better.

Better than expected
By Bob

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. Driving it is even better than I imagined it would be as I waited for it to arrive.

speed, comfort, iDrive, exterior style, and the logic 7 sound system is excellant

difficult to see some of the gauges. I admit to not paying much attention to them even if I could see them clearly.

Awesome car!
By gregvdv

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

If you can afford this car and want a FAST, great handling coupe, go buy one. My old BMW doesn't even compare to this car. You won't see very many on the road and heads will turn when you drive by. I can't say enough great things about this car.

Speed, handling, stereo, navigation, comfort access option, heated seats, etc.,etc.,etc.

Better cup holders, More rear leg room.

Close to Perfect
By DrChrisHall

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I wanted to know what it was like to drive on the autobahns of Germany at speeds they were intended for, and the 650i lets me do that. I haven't had to pull over to the right lane for anyone yet. The acceleration, whether starting from a stop or at 100 mph, pulls you into the back of your seat. Merging and passing is effortless. The car grips the road at top speed (157 mph), around corners, or even on wet surfaces. It makes you feel almost too safe..... I used to be a Mercedes guy, but I have definitely switched. This car drives so nicely and smoothly, has such a simple elegance inside, and turns heads because of its awesome exterior. I am 100% satisfied!

Bluetooth phone system works nicely. iDrive is great, keeping the dashboard simple and uncluttered. Not as user- friendly as it can be, but you get used to it. DTC is outstanding, sometimes annoyingly so-you have to turn it off to play around a bit sometimes. iPod software is coming. FAST!

Difficult to read upper speedometer/odometer values due to steering wheel position. Backseat is not big, but once you are seated, the seats are actually comfortable! Only a two year warranty in Europe. Not good in snow, but that is not why you buy a car like this!

BMW Engineering at it's finest
By Cameron

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've had quite a few cars. I test drove the 650 and was instantly sold. The performance is stellar, the handling amazing. This car does everything right. The people that complain about the iDrive, haven't used it or taken the time to learn. I had it down within a couple of days and appreciate the simplicity. BMW has won me over, I don't know what took me so long!

interior comfort, Nav, sound system and handling.

None... everything is just right.