Used 2006 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

2007 650i
By Redbmw

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Total cost of ownership compared to competing cars is much lower. Acceleration and handling is great, so is the sports suspension.

HUD (Head Up Display). Voice recognition system. Comfort access key system.

Seat belt scratches door interior when released because of the belt placement way behind the seat. Introducing MP3 capability for the disk changer (not just the front player). Bluetooth pairing is limited to very few phone models because of the old bluetooth version.

"OH MY GOD"
By LARRY PHILLIPS

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car Handling and power are incredible. Came out of a 530, never going back. what a ride.

Heads up display, keyless entry

Seat belt design. Needs to be pushed forward so it is easier to reach.

BMW 650i is superb
By LarryG

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Some don't like the car, but I have dozens of people telling me how much they like it. I had a 2004 645ci and it went like stink. Now my 650 simply is fantastic. Both cars have the most amazing grip and impart a feel of confidence. The iDrive isn't too bad, if you can't master it you must have a very short span of attention.

Lovely expensive sounding exhaust. Stunning performance, who needs the M6. The interior has to be the best around. Quality is tops, although I find the interior door finishing are a little delicate and easy to damage. I love the car. I love it's space. It is a winner.

Tyres are a little harsh, but only over nasty surfaces.

6 series convertible
By bobp

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car MUST be driven to be appreciated. Once test driven, I had to purchase it. Acceleration is awsome. Dynamic stability control keeps the car perfectly level in corners, as they say, like riding on rails! And BMW quality speaks for itself! Now thinking about the M6, but that may be too much power. This car is the perfect performance luxury vehicle!

Voice activated commands.

None!

As always - Excellent!!
By Shelley

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned BMWs over the years, I love and expect the superior quality, safety and performance these cars always provide. When BMW came out with the 645 I fell in love with the new, bold and innovative design, but it wasn't the time to buy a new car... and there's always a reason why! When I was ready to buy the 650i had been released and I bought my beautiful Monaco blue convertible. It's far and away the best BMW I've ever owned and well worth the wait! I cannot recommend any other car more highly than this one, it's worth every bit (and more) what I paid for it.

Superior handling and acceleration. The logic 7 sound system is incredible. Outstanding convertible top mechanism - best I've ever encountered! My 650 is truly a great car - I hate it when I pull into the garage and have to get out.

I really dislike the little "message" on the iDrive screen every time you start up the car!! I think that after a couple of weeks (at the most!) that should go away. Other than that and a couple of iDrive hiccups, which were fixed immediately, I have no other suggestions.