Used 2006 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 6 Series

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

"OH MY GOD"
By LARRY PHILLIPS

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car Handling and power are incredible. Came out of a 530, never going back. what a ride.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt design. Needs to be pushed forward so it is easier to reach.

BMW 650i is superb
By LarryG

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Some don't like the car, but I have dozens of people telling me how much they like it. I had a 2004 645ci and it went like stink. Now my 650 simply is fantastic. Both cars have the most amazing grip and impart a feel of confidence. The iDrive isn't too bad, if you can't master it you must have a very short span of attention.

Favorite Features

Lovely expensive sounding exhaust. Stunning performance, who needs the M6. The interior has to be the best around. Quality is tops, although I find the interior door finishing are a little delicate and easy to damage. I love the car. I love it's space. It is a winner.

Suggested Improvements

Tyres are a little harsh, but only over nasty surfaces.

6 series convertible
By bobp

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car MUST be driven to be appreciated. Once test driven, I had to purchase it. Acceleration is awsome. Dynamic stability control keeps the car perfectly level in corners, as they say, like riding on rails! And BMW quality speaks for itself! Now thinking about the M6, but that may be too much power. This car is the perfect performance luxury vehicle!

Favorite Features

Voice activated commands.

Suggested Improvements

None!

As always - Excellent!!
By Shelley

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned BMWs over the years, I love and expect the superior quality, safety and performance these cars always provide. When BMW came out with the 645 I fell in love with the new, bold and innovative design, but it wasn't the time to buy a new car... and there's always a reason why! When I was ready to buy the 650i had been released and I bought my beautiful Monaco blue convertible. It's far and away the best BMW I've ever owned and well worth the wait! I cannot recommend any other car more highly than this one, it's worth every bit (and more) what I paid for it.

Favorite Features

Superior handling and acceleration. The logic 7 sound system is incredible. Outstanding convertible top mechanism - best I've ever encountered! My 650 is truly a great car - I hate it when I pull into the garage and have to get out.

Suggested Improvements

I really dislike the little "message" on the iDrive screen every time you start up the car!! I think that after a couple of weeks (at the most!) that should go away. Other than that and a couple of iDrive hiccups, which were fixed immediately, I have no other suggestions.

Incredible value
By adp

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got my 650i convertible with most options in mid-June and it was delivered flawless and has been flawless in the first 2000 miles. The iDrive is easy to use, although boot-up sometimes takes a while. A few minutes with the manuals is worth the time. The 650 is very well balanced and after break-in seems to get better mileage and has better response. I have owned more expensive cars that do not come close to this one dynamically or stylistically . It is not the fastest car, but it is fast enough for me. Lots of compliments on the design. When compared to cars costing over $20000 more the 650 comes out on top, IMO.

Favorite Features

Well balanced, excellent power response, especially in Sport mode, styling, driving position is excpetionally good, although top-up visibility to the rear quarters requires full attention. The head-up display is a surprisingly helpful invention and is a must option. Sound system is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

More memory for iDrive to speed its operation. Electrically folding ext. rear view mirrors and electrically asisted soft-close feature for doors would be nice.