Used 2006 BMW 6 Series 650i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 6-series - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe

650i 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual - (17 reviews )

2007 650i
By Redbmw

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Total cost of ownership compared to competing cars is much lower. Acceleration and handling is great, so is the sports suspension.

Favorite Features

HUD (Head Up Display). Voice recognition system. Comfort access key system.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt scratches door interior when released because of the belt placement way behind the seat. Introducing MP3 capability for the disk changer (not just the front player). Bluetooth pairing is limited to very few phone models because of the old bluetooth version.

"OH MY GOD"
By LARRY PHILLIPS

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car Handling and power are incredible. Came out of a 530, never going back. what a ride.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt design. Needs to be pushed forward so it is easier to reach.

BMW 650i is superb
By LarryG

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Some don't like the car, but I have dozens of people telling me how much they like it. I had a 2004 645ci and it went like stink. Now my 650 simply is fantastic. Both cars have the most amazing grip and impart a feel of confidence. The iDrive isn't too bad, if you can't master it you must have a very short span of attention.

Favorite Features

Lovely expensive sounding exhaust. Stunning performance, who needs the M6. The interior has to be the best around. Quality is tops, although I find the interior door finishing are a little delicate and easy to damage. I love the car. I love it's space. It is a winner.

Suggested Improvements

Tyres are a little harsh, but only over nasty surfaces.

BMW 650i is the one to get
By fitmaster

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is just an extreme pleasure to drive, the handling, acceleration and features far exceeds the my other luxury coupe test drives. The complaints on the iDrive are understood, but I use the voice control to access just about anything on the menu, without touching the iDrive. I live in the Miami area where there are many, many lux coupes out there, but the BMW always turn heads. Absolutely, no regrets buying this car.

Favorite Features

Best feature is the handling and the planted feeling on the road. Also like the Bluetooth, voice commands and the exhaust note.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders needs to be re-engineered and additional 12v outlets should be installed.

To Live For
By Henry

2006 BMW 6 Series Coupe 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just knew on the day that I test-drove both the coupe and the convertible that I was going to get my own coupe. The look says: That's right, I am mean. You insert the key and you hear that aggressive rumble in the back. You press on the throttle a couple of times and you realized that you've been smiling like an idiot. Depress the traction control and activate the Sport button and the car takes off likes hell on wheels. Find a loop and keep pushing against the curb -never touch the brakes- and you'll feel like you are ready for NASCAR. All the while, people will try to catch up with you so they can give you the "thumbs up". The car makes you want to drive while making you look better.