2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

650i 4.8L V8 6-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
BMW 650i Convertible
By monteshere on 04/19/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After driving a Lexus SC430 for 6 years, the only other reasonably priced car that caught my eye was the Beemer 650i Convertible. I was sold the minute I test drove it. My biggest concern was wind noise through the soft-top. That concern evaporated at 110mph on the freeway. This car is quieter than the Lexus with a hard top!!! Secondly, the car excellerates very well. Almost as well as my '66 Big Block Vette (but it's far quieter). I do miss the 4-speed shifting, but the sport mode while in the manual shift mode makes up for the need to clutch. This car handles like a dream. Lexus, take note: When you hard steer into a corner, the tires don't even while a bit. I love this car!!!

Best bang for your buck.
By sigma95 on 05/28/11 22:21 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

First of all, you have to know what the 6-series is and is not. It is not a canyon-carver w/ it's porcine weight, but a GT rocket ship most comfortable near three-digit speeds on open road. It's the 2nd most depreciating car on the market, so if you find a good used example, snatch it up quick and thank the previous owner for taking the full brunt of depreciation. No problems and smooth. No car for this $ gets the nods, 2nd looks, thumbs ups, and in one case actual cheers, for it's mere presence. If you're a DIY'er, get on bimmerfest and learn the easy maintenance steps and save even more $. Note: 0-60 is nothing remarkable. 60 - 120 is absolutely frightening.

It's been fun
By Ernie Loynaz on 09/24/09 15:28 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

After my 4-years with the SC430 from Lexus, I was unhappy with its soft steering - heard the purr of the 650's engine and fell in love - at last the muscle car I could not afford as a teenager, with the class that comes with maturity (OK agreed - if I was so mature, I wouldn't care - right?).

Very happy
By Marc Weiss on 01/16/07 17:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a true driving experience. It is very comfortable even with lower back issues. It has more power than we can use on most California highways. The stereo and blue tooth phone systems are outstanding. A truly wonderful ride in either Sport Mode or Comfort. Recommend that all new car purchases have a complete detail outside their respective dealership and do not forget to include a "clay" of the finish. This brings out the full metallic or standard colors in a beautiful way.

6 series convertible
By bobp on 09/12/06 21:29 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car MUST be driven to be appreciated. Once test driven, I had to purchase it. Acceleration is awsome. Dynamic stability control keeps the car perfectly level in corners, as they say, like riding on rails! And BMW quality speaks for itself! Now thinking about the M6, but that may be too much power. This car is the perfect performance luxury vehicle!

As always - Excellent!!
By Shelley on 08/28/06 02:05 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned BMWs over the years, I love and expect the superior quality, safety and performance these cars always provide. When BMW came out with the 645 I fell in love with the new, bold and innovative design, but it wasn't the time to buy a new car... and there's always a reason why! When I was ready to buy the 650i had been released and I bought my beautiful Monaco blue convertible. It's far and away the best BMW I've ever owned and well worth the wait! I cannot recommend any other car more highly than this one, it's worth every bit (and more) what I paid for it.

Incredible value
By adp on 08/04/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I got my 650i convertible with most options in mid-June and it was delivered flawless and has been flawless in the first 2000 miles. The iDrive is easy to use, although boot-up sometimes takes a while. A few minutes with the manuals is worth the time. The 650 is very well balanced and after break-in seems to get better mileage and has better response. I have owned more expensive cars that do not come close to this one dynamically or stylistically . It is not the fastest car, but it is fast enough for me. Lots of compliments on the design. When compared to cars costing over $20000 more the 650 comes out on top, IMO.

so sweet...
By LEA on 07/11/06 08:29 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

The car is exceptionally beautiful, with clean sophisticated lines. The top is a wonder and absolutely effortless. The car drives like a dream, it never seems to run out of power. It is responsive and surprisingly nimble considering it's size. I will never regret buying this car.

WOW!
By ROW10 on 07/06/06 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just took European delivery of my 650i convertible in Munich, Germany. I loved every minute that I spent in the car. I am already in withdrawal waiting for the car to arrive in Atlanta! Even though I was babying the engine for the 1200 mile break-in period, I was still amazed at the power and performance even though the rpms didn't exceed 4500. I was even able to go 150 mph on the autobahn and not go past 4500 rpms. In a word: WOW!

best convertible ever
By amy on 06/04/06 03:10 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series Convertible 650i 2dr Convertible (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car handles incredibly and offers a very quiet interior ride compared to many convertibles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.