2006 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
2007 650i
By Redbmw on 10/22/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Total cost of ownership compared to competing cars is much lower. Acceleration and handling is great, so is the sports suspension.

"OH MY GOD"
By LARRY PHILLIPS on 10/17/06 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car Handling and power are incredible. Came out of a 530, never going back. what a ride.

BMW 650i is superb
By LarryG on 10/11/06 03:09 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Some don't like the car, but I have dozens of people telling me how much they like it. I had a 2004 645ci and it went like stink. Now my 650 simply is fantastic. Both cars have the most amazing grip and impart a feel of confidence. The iDrive isn't too bad, if you can't master it you must have a very short span of attention.

BMW 650i is the one to get
By fitmaster on 07/18/06 13:30 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car is just an extreme pleasure to drive, the handling, acceleration and features far exceeds the my other luxury coupe test drives. The complaints on the iDrive are understood, but I use the voice control to access just about anything on the menu, without touching the iDrive. I live in the Miami area where there are many, many lux coupes out there, but the BMW always turn heads. Absolutely, no regrets buying this car.

To Live For
By Henry on 06/14/06 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I just knew on the day that I test-drove both the coupe and the convertible that I was going to get my own coupe. The look says: That's right, I am mean. You insert the key and you hear that aggressive rumble in the back. You press on the throttle a couple of times and you realized that you've been smiling like an idiot. Depress the traction control and activate the Sport button and the car takes off likes hell on wheels. Find a loop and keep pushing against the curb -never touch the brakes- and you'll feel like you are ready for NASCAR. All the while, people will try to catch up with you so they can give you the "thumbs up". The car makes you want to drive while making you look better.

Better than expected
By Bob on 06/12/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car. Driving it is even better than I imagined it would be as I waited for it to arrive.

Awesome car!
By gregvdv on 05/24/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

If you can afford this car and want a FAST, great handling coupe, go buy one. My old BMW doesn't even compare to this car. You won't see very many on the road and heads will turn when you drive by. I can't say enough great things about this car.

Close to Perfect
By DrChrisHall on 04/09/06 03:48 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car because I wanted to know what it was like to drive on the autobahns of Germany at speeds they were intended for, and the 650i lets me do that. I haven't had to pull over to the right lane for anyone yet. The acceleration, whether starting from a stop or at 100 mph, pulls you into the back of your seat. Merging and passing is effortless. The car grips the road at top speed (157 mph), around corners, or even on wet surfaces. It makes you feel almost too safe..... I used to be a Mercedes guy, but I have definitely switched. This car drives so nicely and smoothly, has such a simple elegance inside, and turns heads because of its awesome exterior. I am 100% satisfied!

BMW Engineering at it's finest
By Cameron on 03/13/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Over the years I've had quite a few cars. I test drove the 650 and was instantly sold. The performance is stellar, the handling amazing. This car does everything right. The people that complain about the iDrive, haven't used it or taken the time to learn. I had it down within a couple of days and appreciate the simplicity. BMW has won me over, I don't know what took me so long!

Dream Machine
By RinManhattanBeach on 03/03/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 6 Series 650i 2dr Coupe (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Without a doubt, the BMW 650i is the hottest car I've ever driven. You just have to be careful about your speed because as you step on it, you can't feel anything shift... it literally glides from gear to gear like no other car I've driven. I see tickets in my future and I'm not talking about the ones for a show. I had concerns about the iDrive, but I found it pretty intuitive to use and I'm getting more comfy with the voice commands. All in all, the car is a beautifully tuned machine. The front end of the car is a lot prettier in view than the back end. But then the "not so pretty" back end gives the car a hint of less pretentiousnes with a really big trunk.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.