2005 BMW 6 Series Consumer Review: Unreliable starts

2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Review

645Ci Coupe (4.4L V8 6-speed Manual)

Unreliable starts
By samanthaat on

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

At first I loved this car. I'm a low mileage driver and BMW tells me the car is meant to be driven a lot. If you don't drive it a lot this car is a life of hell. The BMW dealer told me if I don't drive it at least one day a week for an hour the battery will die. He said there is too much draining the battery. It's not a week though. Seven starts drains the battery. I keep it on a trickle charge, but that apparently doesn't keep it from draining. After the battery drains a couple dozen times, its time for a new battery which today cost over $500. That's not acceptable but what is really unacceptable is having an $80,000 car that leaves me stranded and calling AAA once a week.

The speed in 6th gear is amazing.

Let buyers know that if you are a low mileage driver this is not a car for you.
By randallljames
on 12/08/11 13:18 PM (PST)

68,898 miles and bought brand new.. Never had a dead battery and this is only one of several I drive.. (it does sit for a week or more at a time)... I would have to bet that there is something else going on with yours..