Used 2005 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

My Six
By nmcochise

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Moved out of a Benz SL600 into the 645CiC. The BMW has better braking, refined seating and no loss of performance; smoother and a much more quiet ride; Unlike the Benz, the Beemer roof line is not friendly to tall people.

Favorite Features

Braking; Active Steering; iDrive; PDC.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

No Sports Car, But Great Tourer
By D. Jamieson

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fantastic acceleration and stopping power. Pretty slushy in normal mode, but the "sport" button makes it very responsive. Active suspension is incredible. iDrive is a great alternative to dozens of tiny buttons, and is surprisingly intuitive, as is the voice command system. Very quiet and solid-feeling. Turns heads. Main criticism is that the driver is quite isolated from the road. Interior a bit disappointing for a car in this price bracket (lots of plastic, cheap carpet).

Favorite Features

V-8 power, Nav system, exhaust note, Logic 7 sound system, I-drive.

Suggested Improvements

iDrive should remember the driver's preferred screen layout and display that immediately; should be able to start the car without the sound system booting up automatically.

No step up from this one.....
By lynn safford

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever had. Fun, gorgeous, fits my 6 yr. old in back, he loves it too. Looks like a bullet and drives like one. Head turning looks, throttle sound in engine is very fun. Seats are comfortable, the sound system is great, bluetooth for me works perfectly, very little wind blowing inside the car with the top down, even in the back. Like the window in rear that operates up and down. My first BMW, only MB before, and I have to say, I am not sure what car will come next. This will be hard to surpass all the way around...

Favorite Features

Looks, Style, Ride, Sound System, Throttle noise are terrific. Comfortable seats, nice interior design... I like the voice activation iDrive... once you work with it, I am used to it. Convertible operation is smooth and easy.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, sit up higher (men can see better...women sit too low), brakes a little touchy.

Best luxury Coupe under 100K
By RW

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the nicest luxury sports coupe that BMW has ever produced. This vehicle handles extremely well on all roads including back roads that have twists and turns. My car is a coupe with an automatic transmission. I think this is the best way to purchase this car, especially in regards to resell. Exterior styling is this car's highlight. I think it looks great from all angles and people seem to look at it with awe or envy. The gas mileage is very good for a car of this size.I have enjoyed owning this vehicle and so far my car has been problem free.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, adaptive headlights, interior comfort, large glass sunroof and steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I-Drive Controller

Fun, Fast & Beautiful
By lynn s

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car....have a 6 year old in back at all times...it is still ok for space (better than any other Luxury Conver. we drove)...Power, looks, throttle sound all make for an overall wonderful driving car. Best part of the car...with the top down, you get very little if any wind on your face and head. My son in the back get a min. amount too. You can put the top down all year almost with all of the cool/heat features that keep you comfortable. We could not be happier with the car.

Favorite Features

Convertible, power, sirius radio, simplicity of the iDrive with voice activation, the look is eye catching, the sound of power.

Suggested Improvements

More than 1 cup holder, sit up a little bit higher to appeal to a woman driver, better gas mileage. Sometimes the screen freezes but is easily reset. Probably perfect the electronic programming.