2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
what a blast
By BacktoBMW on 02/18/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 645ci for two months now. It is the most fun car I've ever driven. It's a head turner and eye catcher and a road grabber. BMW hit it out of the park with this one. Handling and performance are supurb you feel safe and solid in every turn. I like the lines on the 645CI better than the convertable which looks a bit choppy. After a month I got used to the improved I-Drive. The issues I've had are waiting for over two months for sirius radio and my new blackberry phone does not work with the bluetooth feature on the 645. This car is amazing, I look forward to seeing you in my rearview mirror.

midwest owner
By zin on 02/11/05 20:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My experience with the vehicle has not been good because the dealership has not had trained staff for one. Secondly there are on board computer problems since delivery which have not been fixed. The paint finish is an issue in which small scratches have appeared in the clear coat. The design seems susceptible to front end/hood damage from road stones. Bluetooth sometimes fails with cell phone.

I-drive systems /
By Billie Johnson on 02/09/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 645 cic is a fun car to drive. It handles with excellence and attracts the "nice car" symbol with the thumbs up everywhere I go. What I am disappointed with is the malfunction of the I drive system (resetting itself or freezing). My roll bar protection for some reason has deactivated itself. I made an appointment on January 3rd to take my car in and unfortunately the next available date is the 20th of February. Very disappointing for a 90k car.

Best BMW I have ever driven or owned
By JR on 02/08/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned BMWs since 1977 (3, 5 & 7 series) as well as two Porsche 911s. The 645 is the absolute best, hands down - performance, drive, feel, style (interior and exterior). Recommend sport and premium pkgs. Sport drive is amazing. The 645 is the perfect balance of performance and comfort. The sound of the engine is awsome. And I-drive is very easy to understand.

The Best Yet
By Harriet Brown on 02/08/05 11:47 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is one snazzy car! It is my 3rd BMW and I am on the road (highway) a lot. So reliability is very important. Design people outdid themselves this time.

BMW - Bummer
By M. Locascio on 02/07/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

You already know you have overdone it with the electronics. I have 1800 miles on this car and it has been in to the dealership 3 times already. I can't wait for the lease to expire so I can buy a Porsche. Thank god I leased this car and do not own it. Get the idea I'm frustrated? All the problems have been computer related.

6 Is the only number!
By SteveK on 02/05/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

An alarmingly fast, stable, barn burner with more panache than I'll ever have. After owning three 5 series I couldn't bring myself to "love" the styling of the new 545. The 645 exceeds my expectations for speed, comfort, quickness, looks, control and, did I say speed?

645ci a Homerun
By Thomas861 on 02/02/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the looks of the 645ci coupe at an auto show, but with a 430 gs Lexus, there wasn't much reason to spend 80k on a new car.....that it, until I DROVE the 645. What a dream. And worth every penny.

Go for it
By steen on 01/30/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is one incredible car! Great styling is obvious, but it's only the beginning! Beauty is well beyond skin deep... this baby is tons of fun!

What Fun
By Jim on 01/10/05 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a super vehicle.We just purchased the car and have absolutely loved driving it.The power, braking, steering of this car are awesome. It's like riding a high tech roller coaster, smooth and on a rail.The iDrive is cool. It IS very easy to use once you navigate thru it a few times. We got this car w/out the sport package and were told it did not come w/run flat tires.This was not the case, as tires marked with the letters RSC circled are run flats. (No spare tires in this vehicle.) Also, the convertible has more head room in the rear seat than the coupe. I am 6' and 210 & I can sit straight up w/some leg room. Coupe I have to tilt my head.Trunk has more room w/top down,then any other in its class.