Used 2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Wheeee Doggy!
By S.H

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Since 1992 the only car me and my wife ever drove was the 7 series, there never was another car for us, but got tired of waiting for the new on order 750, decided to try something new. WOW!

Favorite Features

The style, speed , handeling, sound system, electric top control,FUN!

Suggested Improvements

More exotic Exterior colors but no more silvers (5 shades are enough) sportier engine noise, couple of more inches of leg room for the rear so at least my four year old can seat there, iDrive is not Necessary for a sports car (distracting).

2005 645CI Convertible
By Josie

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

When I first learned that BMW was coming back with the six series, I was very interested in seeing the new model. At the time I was ready to purchase my new car, they were then coming out with a convertible and with everything that I wanted on it. I had also considered the 745, but upon seeing the 645 there was no doubt in my mind that that was the car for me. I had a choice of Air Force One or an F- 16. I elected the F-16 and have thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Everywhere I go people compliment me on my stunning car. The car is a dream to drive and have been very happy with it. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

In dash GPS and the now available automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

None, it is the ideal car to drive.

Fast, fun, gorgeous and furious!
By Beamer Girl

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My husband bought me this car after I had been eyeing it up on line for months. I could not be happier. I, too, drove a Porcshe 911 Carrera and the 645 makes that car look like a joke! I have never had any problem with taking turns at high speeds and the driving experience is simply that... an experience. The lines on this car are gorgeous and the color combo I chose is just stunning (silver grey metallic with grey top and burgundy interior)! Definitely gets lots of compliments and stares! I absolutely adore this car!

Favorite Features

Since I chose the sport package, I love the 19" rims with the low profile run flat tires! I also love the iDrive system. While it may seem tricky to navigate at first, it soon becomes very easy to use and it looks great too! I also opted for the upgraded sound system which I love too!

Suggested Improvements

While I am quite pleased with my car, they may want to make the iDrive system a little easier to navigate for those who have trouble with it.

love my rag top
By ltb

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Car runs really well. A lot of goodies for the price. iDrive navigation a bit hard to get used too. Fuel economy on open road is good. Fast times off the line. Sattelite radio, HUD , Sport package really complete the total package. Worth the extra bucks. Only feqature lacking is that side mirrors dont fold via power. A bit noisy with top down, at high speeds !!! I traded in Audi A-4 cabrio, big difference!!! Go for it !!

Favorite Features

Sport package, rear window going down when top is up, satellite radio, voice command.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors should fold switch, not manual. Wind screen should be included with car, and high priced option. Back seat with front seat back, is really not comfortable for adults to use.

Best I've ever owned
By Bill Trukenbrod

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

the 645 Ci is the sixth convertable that I've owned starting with a TR-3 and my last car was a MB SL500. The 645 is by far the most fun to drive, and the best to be seen in. I've never had so many people say great things about a car I've been driving, in car washes, at stop lights, parking lots,etc.etc. You get used to the iControl.