2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
love my rag top
By ltb on 06/10/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Car runs really well. A lot of goodies for the price. iDrive navigation a bit hard to get used too. Fuel economy on open road is good. Fast times off the line. Sattelite radio, HUD , Sport package really complete the total package. Worth the extra bucks. Only feqature lacking is that side mirrors dont fold via power. A bit noisy with top down, at high speeds !!! I traded in Audi A-4 cabrio, big difference!!! Go for it !!

A Truly excellent Coupe
By SMB on 06/10/05 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This superb coupe provides all the enjoyment of a sports car, plus the additional benefits of useable rear occasional seating (and extra storage space) and a large trunk. The performance and roadholding are also excellent, in the true spirit of BMW.

Best I've ever owned
By Bill Trukenbrod on 06/10/05 07:29 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

the 645 Ci is the sixth convertable that I've owned starting with a TR-3 and my last car was a MB SL500. The 645 is by far the most fun to drive, and the best to be seen in. I've never had so many people say great things about a car I've been driving, in car washes, at stop lights, parking lots,etc.etc. You get used to the iControl.

Great Touring Car
By T on 06/07/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 645 is a great car to drive with the top down or up. The acceleration is good for a car of this size and weight, although it could always be faster. Handling with the sport package is good and I drive quite a bit on winding mountain roads and it handles great. I have yet to feel drift or loose traction even at 80+ on S turns. Acceleration on straights could be better. Overall a great touring car (as advertised).

My Six
By nmcochise on 06/02/05 08:31 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Moved out of a Benz SL600 into the 645CiC. The BMW has better braking, refined seating and no loss of performance; smoother and a much more quiet ride; Unlike the Benz, the Beemer roof line is not friendly to tall people.

No Sports Car, But Great Tourer
By D. Jamieson on 05/27/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fantastic acceleration and stopping power. Pretty slushy in normal mode, but the "sport" button makes it very responsive. Active suspension is incredible. iDrive is a great alternative to dozens of tiny buttons, and is surprisingly intuitive, as is the voice command system. Very quiet and solid-feeling. Turns heads. Main criticism is that the driver is quite isolated from the road. Interior a bit disappointing for a car in this price bracket (lots of plastic, cheap carpet).

No step up from this one.....
By lynn safford on 05/20/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever had. Fun, gorgeous, fits my 6 yr. old in back, he loves it too. Looks like a bullet and drives like one. Head turning looks, throttle sound in engine is very fun. Seats are comfortable, the sound system is great, bluetooth for me works perfectly, very little wind blowing inside the car with the top down, even in the back. Like the window in rear that operates up and down. My first BMW, only MB before, and I have to say, I am not sure what car will come next. This will be hard to surpass all the way around...

Best luxury Coupe under 100K
By RW on 05/14/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the nicest luxury sports coupe that BMW has ever produced. This vehicle handles extremely well on all roads including back roads that have twists and turns. My car is a coupe with an automatic transmission. I think this is the best way to purchase this car, especially in regards to resell. Exterior styling is this car's highlight. I think it looks great from all angles and people seem to look at it with awe or envy. The gas mileage is very good for a car of this size.I have enjoyed owning this vehicle and so far my car has been problem free.

Fun, Fast & Beautiful
By lynn s on 05/13/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car....have a 6 year old in back at all times...it is still ok for space (better than any other Luxury Conver. we drove)...Power, looks, throttle sound all make for an overall wonderful driving car. Best part of the car...with the top down, you get very little if any wind on your face and head. My son in the back get a min. amount too. You can put the top down all year almost with all of the cool/heat features that keep you comfortable. We could not be happier with the car.

It's not a Porsche. But close
By 645 Ci Convertible on 05/10/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although it is hard to write a review on this baby being that I used to drive a Porsche, I will try to be as objective as possible. While it is an eye opener, and it definitely attracts the girls, the handling is at fault. Everytime I turn going anywhere over 20 the tires screech unbearably loud. It does, however, offer luxury that a Carrera just doesn't. Overall, it's a sweet car... a little over priced for what it offers, but hey, it looks nice and drives pretty well.