2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
Great Touring Car
By T on 06/07/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 645 is a great car to drive with the top down or up. The acceleration is good for a car of this size and weight, although it could always be faster. Handling with the sport package is good and I drive quite a bit on winding mountain roads and it handles great. I have yet to feel drift or loose traction even at 80+ on S turns. Acceleration on straights could be better. Overall a great touring car (as advertised).

My Six
By nmcochise on 06/02/05 08:31 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Moved out of a Benz SL600 into the 645CiC. The BMW has better braking, refined seating and no loss of performance; smoother and a much more quiet ride; Unlike the Benz, the Beemer roof line is not friendly to tall people.

No step up from this one.....
By lynn safford on 05/20/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever had. Fun, gorgeous, fits my 6 yr. old in back, he loves it too. Looks like a bullet and drives like one. Head turning looks, throttle sound in engine is very fun. Seats are comfortable, the sound system is great, bluetooth for me works perfectly, very little wind blowing inside the car with the top down, even in the back. Like the window in rear that operates up and down. My first BMW, only MB before, and I have to say, I am not sure what car will come next. This will be hard to surpass all the way around...

Fun, Fast & Beautiful
By lynn s on 05/13/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car....have a 6 year old in back at all times...it is still ok for space (better than any other Luxury Conver. we drove)...Power, looks, throttle sound all make for an overall wonderful driving car. Best part of the car...with the top down, you get very little if any wind on your face and head. My son in the back get a min. amount too. You can put the top down all year almost with all of the cool/heat features that keep you comfortable. We could not be happier with the car.

It's not a Porsche. But close
By 645 Ci Convertible on 05/10/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although it is hard to write a review on this baby being that I used to drive a Porsche, I will try to be as objective as possible. While it is an eye opener, and it definitely attracts the girls, the handling is at fault. Everytime I turn going anywhere over 20 the tires screech unbearably loud. It does, however, offer luxury that a Carrera just doesn't. Overall, it's a sweet car... a little over priced for what it offers, but hey, it looks nice and drives pretty well.

WONDERFULLY LUXURIOUS FUN TO DRIVE
By cyndi on 05/03/05 09:13 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is wonderful, drives like a dream, my two kids fit in the back, great agility, stopping, all the airbags are great and convertible top comes up and down at 20 mph or less. The overall design is wonderful, even down to the cup holder - navigation is superb. The iDrive drove me nuts, had to go to a class to learn it, great now that I understand. The Bluetooth is slow with my Motorola v3 phone and sometimes cuts out. My friend from Germany does much better with the voice commands; it doesn't understand a southern accent very well, and gives me the wrong commands at times. Great car!! Fast and fun and not everyone has one!

Almost Perfect
By Randall on 04/30/05 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

As a few more of these cars are on the road here in Virginia, I've begun to notice how truly unique and special. I alternate driving this car and an X5 4.8is purchased this spring for practicality. While the responsiveness of the car is thrilling, I wish it had better acceleration. It feels quicker, but I know it's not as fast as my X5, and always makes me wish for more. The handling is fantastic, as is the braking. If I were to change anything, besides the horsepower, it would be the iDrive. While I've mastered it, the touch screen in a previous Lexus and my wife's Sienna are sooo much easier and intuitive to use. Different for the sake of being unique does not excuse this feature.

A rush to drive
By skibip on 04/17/05 02:18 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a rush to drive. You have to take it around a tight corner at high speed to really appreciate the performance. It hugs the road, no lean, even acceleration. A great driving car.The iDrive is a nuisance, and the run flat tires are unnecessary, but overall it is a thrill to own and drive. Spectacular sound system. Have fun!

Ignore the pundits - Buy this car
By Sam Rosenwald on 04/17/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Sure the iDrive is clunky and the fuel economy is poor. Once you get past those items you'll be in for the fun ride of your life. The convertible is a head-turner, and a neck-snapper. Cool performance, design and engineering makes this a great vehicle. I was looking for a large performance convertible and this Beemer fits the bill.

heavenly wheels
By Beemer Convertible 6 on 04/16/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car has it all and then some. Most fun I've ever had driving. It is an experience... it inspires you to really want to take the car for a drive. It's not transportation , it's entertainment and excitement. I never thought a vehicle could motivate you to drive, but this one does. It's a high performing, head turning machine. If it's in your budget get it and you'll not regret it!!!!!!