Used 2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Wonderful car but too many problems!
By A & M

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

We loved everything about our 2005 645I convertible. Talk about a car that catchs everyone's eye and is a blast to drive! But....we had so many problems with ours we regretfully ended up giving it back under the lemon law. It was in the BMW service dept 32 days between July 6 and Oct 1, 2006 - not counting weekends! We were told it had 19 computers by 15 manufacturers and the glitchs weren't worked out yet. We expected more from an $80,000 car but agree we'd buy another one if we were promised it wouldn't have so many problems!

I love how snappy and powerful it is plus the ride is unbelievably smooth!!!

Definitely needed a bigger back seat and 2nd cup holder.

Wow - Automotive engineering marvel
By N. Davani

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned several sports cars such as the 92 Acura NSX, 97 Porsche 993 C2S (911), and 03 Boxster S, I was blown away and extremely impressed with the overall package BMW delivers with its legendary 6 series. Absolutely amazing piece of engineering. I was impressed enough to opt out of another Porsche purchase. Granted it isnít a Porsche Cab or Carrera, albeit that's probably a good thing. Tight handling, absolutely sexier when you have the top down, and the more I look at this car, the more I lust after it. Great value too. Makes a nice sister to our 2005 745i. Gorgeous, elegant, sleek, and fast.

Blue Tooth technology, BMW assist, Sirius Satelite Radio, sport package, integrated voice activated navigation, communication, and entertainment system. Streamlined exterior and interior design. So subtle that depending on how you look at it, you find something new each and every time.

Less of a comfy clutch and shifter. Make it a bit more masculine. They've thought of everything when they were dreaming this up. Nicely done.

The Best!
By C. Ahnfeldt

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just purchased my 645ci May 05 and what a spectacular ride. Turns on a dime. Smooth. Lots of power. Great touring vehicle. This is my third BMW and I rate the BMW as the best to own. Surpasses any other auto I've owned and driven. Can't beat the service and care they give to the customer not to mention the vehicle. I highly recommend this car if you want something practical but sporty. People give second and third looks when you're driving this dream machine. I wouldn't consider another maker. I've been sold on BMW for years. Still have first original/first BMW (525i) When our last child starts driving the Mini Cooper is at the top of the list of consider- ations. Thanks BMW!

Gosh, what isn't my favorite. Love the Heads-up feature and the navigation. Heated seats. The tight steering and ease in handling. The power is incredible. I love the ability to adjust the lumbar a real plus for those with back problems. Features offered are much more user friendly than my 745i.

I can't think of anything you've left out except maybe a DVD system. I'm sure that's coming in the future. Wished I could've kept my 02 745i by the way. Features offer in 6 series are much more user friendly by the way. Great improvements!

Sexy car
By garza

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

A ride in this car will allow you to forget all of your problems! It is my pleasure everytime I get in this car!

I love the glass window in the back that can remain up even when the top is down. I also enjoy the voice command and idrive.

It would be nice to see 3 people in the back seat. Also, I dislike the sensors that alert you if there is something in front or behind the car. Sometimes there is a delay in that.

It ROCKS
By ProTalk

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned...remarkable blend of sport and luxury. You can feel as though you are in a refiined automoble -- or driving a killer sports car. I cannot say enough about how I totally LOVE this car.

All. Glass convertable rear window, seats are great...I love it all.

Better cup holder placement.

• SUV