2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )
6 Is the only number!
By SteveK on 02/05/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

An alarmingly fast, stable, barn burner with more panache than I'll ever have. After owning three 5 series I couldn't bring myself to "love" the styling of the new 545. The 645 exceeds my expectations for speed, comfort, quickness, looks, control and, did I say speed?

645ci a Homerun
By Thomas861 on 02/02/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the looks of the 645ci coupe at an auto show, but with a 430 gs Lexus, there wasn't much reason to spend 80k on a new car.....that it, until I DROVE the 645. What a dream. And worth every penny.

The BMW 6-SERIES
By ADRIEN on 11/28/04 08:52 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I am loving this car more and more every day. The sound system is amazing, the handling at high speed on corners and curves is the perfect adrenaline rush, and yet the ultimate in safety. The leather seats conform to your body and contrary to the editor's remarks, this car is very sexy and its lines grab all the attention on the road. Even from those "elite"...not mercedes benz owners ( since the editor is so bias to those old-man vehicles). thank you. The next thing for me will be the M6.

Outstanding 645Ci
By Kennekb on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 645 is the marriage of a sports car and luxury touring coupe. The result is a car that can be justified as a family as well as a personal performance car. Interior is roomy enough for a family of four. Handling is what sold me on the car as well as the build quality and solid feel going down the road. I couldn't justify the convertible having owned Mercedes and Lexus hardtop convertibles. The coupe is outselling the convertible models according to dealers. Great car.

Great idea poor implementation
By Camner on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is an exquisite car in form and powertrain but it is frstratingly poor in terms of enjoyment and ride quality. The throttle is too long in regular driving but too responsive while in sport mode. The iDrive is the single most foolhardy idea that BMW has ever incorperated. It distracts the drver, cannot be used during travel, and detracts from the driving experience, leaving you frustrated and unfulfilled. The driver is very isolated from the road again leaving me unhappy and frustrated with the car. I personally regret my purchase of this particular automobile and hope that BMW corrects the problems with this car before it ruins thier previously infallible comapny.