2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )
The best and most fun car I ever owned
By Bruce Weisinger on 07/08/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed and am still enjoying this car after almost 1 year. I have had every type of car you can think of. However each car gets "stale" after a while. This car is sooo different I enjoy driving this car everytime. I live in Florida in the winter and New York the rest of the year. Driving either on Florida Highways or the Streets of New York, this car is amazing.

Awesome Coupe
By 645 DS on 06/15/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

What an excellent ride! This is my 3rd BMW and I most recently has a Lexus GS430 which was not fun to drive at all.The 645 CI has great power and it just keeps going faster and faster. Fuel economy is much better than I expected. I average 19-20 miles between city and freeway driving. Learned the whole iDrive system in a week. This is a good way to keep the dash clean.

A Truly excellent Coupe
By SMB on 06/10/05 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This superb coupe provides all the enjoyment of a sports car, plus the additional benefits of useable rear occasional seating (and extra storage space) and a large trunk. The performance and roadholding are also excellent, in the true spirit of BMW.

No Sports Car, But Great Tourer
By D. Jamieson on 05/27/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Fantastic acceleration and stopping power. Pretty slushy in normal mode, but the "sport" button makes it very responsive. Active suspension is incredible. iDrive is a great alternative to dozens of tiny buttons, and is surprisingly intuitive, as is the voice command system. Very quiet and solid-feeling. Turns heads. Main criticism is that the driver is quite isolated from the road. Interior a bit disappointing for a car in this price bracket (lots of plastic, cheap carpet).

Best luxury Coupe under 100K
By RW on 05/14/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the nicest luxury sports coupe that BMW has ever produced. This vehicle handles extremely well on all roads including back roads that have twists and turns. My car is a coupe with an automatic transmission. I think this is the best way to purchase this car, especially in regards to resell. Exterior styling is this car's highlight. I think it looks great from all angles and people seem to look at it with awe or envy. The gas mileage is very good for a car of this size.I have enjoyed owning this vehicle and so far my car has been problem free.

Awesome!
By RL on 04/06/05 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2004 745i on a 2005 645ci. I had a negative equity of $5k on the 745i but it was worth every penny cause the 645ci is just simply awesome. Nowdays, it seems that everyone has a 745 or a 5 series. The 645ci is so unique. I get many looks on the road. In fact, it reminds me of the old 8 series than the 6 series. I got the sports package which I think gives it a totally different attitude. I love this car so much more than that big 745i.

Endless Power
By Ken on 03/12/05 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The car is a beautiful head turner with quick acceleration and great braking. That more than makes up for the poorly excuted iDrive. It's the only bad thing about the car. The driving experience is hindered by this awkward, needlessly confusing gizmo. The integrated Bluetooth phone system does not operate smoothly. The sound system is good. Trunk space is adequate. The exhaust note is thrilling. The front seats are supportive and comfortable. The rear seats are for emergency use and should be considered additional storage. Overall, it's a gorgeous, fast, sturdy, well built ride that will give you plenty of smiles. Driving this car makes me feel good.

what a blast
By BacktoBMW on 02/18/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my 645ci for two months now. It is the most fun car I've ever driven. It's a head turner and eye catcher and a road grabber. BMW hit it out of the park with this one. Handling and performance are supurb you feel safe and solid in every turn. I like the lines on the 645CI better than the convertable which looks a bit choppy. After a month I got used to the improved I-Drive. The issues I've had are waiting for over two months for sirius radio and my new blackberry phone does not work with the bluetooth feature on the 645. This car is amazing, I look forward to seeing you in my rearview mirror.

midwest owner
By zin on 02/11/05 20:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My experience with the vehicle has not been good because the dealership has not had trained staff for one. Secondly there are on board computer problems since delivery which have not been fixed. The paint finish is an issue in which small scratches have appeared in the clear coat. The design seems susceptible to front end/hood damage from road stones. Bluetooth sometimes fails with cell phone.

Best BMW I have ever driven or owned
By JR on 02/08/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Coupe 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned BMWs since 1977 (3, 5 & 7 series) as well as two Porsche 911s. The 645 is the absolute best, hands down - performance, drive, feel, style (interior and exterior). Recommend sport and premium pkgs. Sport drive is amazing. The 645 is the perfect balance of performance and comfort. The sound of the engine is awsome. And I-drive is very easy to understand.